Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The role of the Investment Associate is to provide a wide variety of service and investment advice to an Ultra High Net Worth client base within the United States. The position focuses on servicing clients of Citi Private Bank by understanding their investment objectives and working in partnership with senior team members to deliver investment solutions.
• Help support the senior members of the investment team in their delivery of investment solutions to clients.
• Monitor and provide guidance on the markets to internal and external clients, incorporating the views of The Private Bank’s Investment Committee.
• Prepare investment policy statements for prospective clients
• Analyze economic trends/activities and advise the effects on the investors’ portfolios
• Recommend changes to the investors’ holdings after evaluating the economic, financial and market factors and the potential impact on the investors’ portfolios.
• Develop relationships and generate ideas with the bankers and clients that will lead to the growth of the asset base
• In support of senior team members, engage clients on investment themes and solutions, and assist in the execution of the investment solutions and trades.
• Attend internal and external meetings to stay current on financial markets, and products and services offered by Citi Private Bank.
• Adhere to a specific prospecting code of conduct, which (1) permits acquiring new private client accounts only by referral or personal contact with an individual seeking to do business and (2) prohibits seminars, mail campaigns, cold calling and any other methods of solicitation
Qualifications and Education:
• Licensing: Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66
• BA degree with a concentration in economics, finance, business administration, commerce accounting, or similar quantitative field.
• At least 2 years of prior professional experience or related occupation
• Able to work without direction
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Strong financial background
• CFA/MBA a plus
|Location:||United States Flevoland Miami|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.