Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Trade and Receivables Finance team in the role of Middle Office Associate, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
• To provide full range of support to the GTRF Middle Office operations team as
required, including administration, operational, customer service and processing
• The role holder is required to provide a high quality service to their internal and
external customers; taking ownership and using their initiative to complete necessary
tasks and ensure all work is processed within SLA.
• Responsibility for resource management and work allocation taking into
consideration absenteeism, and utilisation of cross trained resources to ensure
operation is staffed to meet the strategic objectives of the business;
• Facilitate adequate and timely cascading of all procedural changes to avoid non
compliance with agreed procedures;
• Identify opportunities for process improvement initiatives through best practice
• To be aware of the nature of our customers business and alert any unusual
transactions, to Line Management;
• Preparation, reconciliation and submission of expenses in a timely manner.
• Preparation of presentational materials (PDFs, PowerPoint, Agendas, Minutes, etc).
• Monitor pending items queue/referral queues to ensure closure on aged items and
escalating where appropriate;
• Proactively identify problems and effectively work to resolve them sharing best
practice with other TRF teams.
• Lead a highly motivated and skilled team, where skills and knowledge openly
shared, which allows GTRF to meet the business objectives:
• Acts a as mentor to assist new joiners as required;
• Contribution to team events and team meetings, and suggestions put forward for
improvements or efficiency gains;
•Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues.
• Ability to effectively plan and organise and manage a team of trade assistants
• Good working knowledge of International Trade required
• Prior years experience in Global Trade and Receivables Finance operations in processing transactions and providing service to customers
• Awareness of the trade facilities and customer trade cycles
• Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
• Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
• Working knowledge of ICC Publications such as UCP/ISBP/ ICC OPINIONS / URR/ URC as applicable
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad