Job Description - Senior Financial Services Specialist - SEC - HBAP Unit Trust - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology - NHC (0000CIOJ)
Senior Financial Services Specialist - SEC - HBAP Unit Trust - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology - NHC : 0000CIOJ
Some Careers grow faster than others. If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC. HSBC Operations, Services and Technology HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition. Global Service Delivery Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly. Role Purpose To continuously provide high quality processing services to achieve maximum customer satisfaction within the specified Service Level Agreements. Ensure completion of processing tasks in accordance with established procedures and standards. Demonstrates ways to improve customer service, increase productivity and accuracy. Work well independently; complete assigned tasks within the established timeframe, complete regular assignments without reminders or additional requests. Demonstration of team-work through processing requirement and participation in meetings, activities which promotes team spirit. Adherence to Group core standards, compliance, regulatory, internal security and process standards at all times. To be aware of the operational risk that associated with the role, and to ensure that all actions during the employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. In this role, you will:
Impact on the Business/Function
- Perform the day to day approval for unit trust functions
- Handle the exceptional case dependently as per the experience & reaction, eg. Sell amount monitor, SMIP monthly task, Unusual Trade monitoring, etc.
- Provide full support to Line Manager in root cause analysis with business partners for error rectification exercise
- Highlight operation risks in daily processing work
- Participate in procedure reviews for business partner’s approval
Customers / Stakeholders
- Initial the mails to fund house & BP and provide the professional solution or information dependently
- Provide ‘Service Quality’ of high Customer Service Standards.
- Deliver high quality services to customer. Apply rigorous and customer centric Quality campaigns and initiatives to increase Quality awareness in the team.
- Set high internal service excellence benchmarks to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Problem situations are proactively identified and resolved to give maximum customer satisfaction and escalated where necessary. Appropriate measures are taken to improve quality and prevent recurrence.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with customer business areas and identify areas of service improvements
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be a role model to all junior staffs with a professional and confident and positive image whatever any situations.
- Have clear concepts in the end-to-end process in the Wealth and can deliver operation training/coach to anybody in need.
- Effectively implement changes to achieve business goals (eg. process improvements/changes in procedures)
- Lead by example through service excellence and driving quality initiatives for improved Customer Satisfaction.
- Development through personal development plans and performance management reviews. Keep high morale through ‘Celebrating Success’.
- Strike balance among task, team and individual to inspire and influence other staff to bring out their best.
- Motivate team members to meet business objectives – share advice and guidance in a constructive manner and supported by appropriate evidence.
- Aware of individual/department performance achievements/ targets in a timely manner.
- Sharing knowledge and experience and providing assistance on referred issues to achieve business objectives and achieve individual potential.
- Create an environment where skills and knowledge is openly shared to achieve department and business goals.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Acquire broad understanding of all the business processes across all the sections to effectively assist the MO/AMO to manage the migration projects.
- Support management of migrations for the business by assisting in development of synergies and best practice across different businesses to enhance efficiency of processes and cost effectiveness.
- Support re-engineering the migration processes by working closely with business, to coordinate and device standardized methodology and business optimization method for all markets across all sections of the business.
- Ensure operational efficiency by performing daily processing work in accordance to the operational processes and workflow, market specific requirements/ procedures and performance of various systems in securities processing.
- Acquire a broad understanding of the administration processes and to keep abreast with the latest developments in the assigned markets on the rules & regulations by the regulators, stock exchange and etc that may have implication to the daily administration processes.
- Apply tight controls to prevent any operational losses by establishing methods and check points to scrutinise exceptions/errors.
- Maintain an effective processing time matrix to evaluate the time and workflow management of each process for the various business and sections.
- Participate in system testing and user acceptance test to ensure system enhancements are according to the user requirements.
- Collate daily and monthly MIS data according to the requirements of the various markets in the business for internal reporting and client reporting.
- Adhere to process productivity and quality targets set to ensure optimum resource utilisation and achievement of business objectives and customer SLA’s
- Participate in Review Contingency requirements on a periodic basis and relevant business recovery measures as necessary. Participate in Operational Risk Assessments and highlight risk mitigating plans.
- Participate in procedural changes/new initiatives review, agreed with the business areas, fully communicated to staff and implemented.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience (For the Job – not the Job holder. Minimum requirements of the Job) Knowledge
- A post-graduate diploma or degree in any discipline. Higher qualification not a bar provided aspirations commensurate with the position
- With 2 years working experience in a bank or securities processing environment. Salary would commensurate with experience
- Ability to speak and understand English fluently, writes business letters and reports, and has good conversational / telephone skills. Ability to speak and understand Cantonese would be an added advantage
- Ability to learn quickly, transfer knowledge appropriately, understand and interpret numeric data.
- Good analytical and statistical and data mining skills would be an added advantage.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. ***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***
: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Foshan
: RotatingType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Feb-2019, 09:41:20
: 18-Feb-2019, 23:59:00