Job Description - Manager - Processing - SEC - HK Settlements - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology - NHC (0000CIHS)
Manager - Processing - SEC - HK Settlements - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology - NHC : 0000CIHS
Some Careers grow faster than others. If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC. HSBC Operations, Services and Technology HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition. Global Service Delivery Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly. Role Purpose To continuously provide high quality processing services to achieve maximum customer satisfaction within the specified Service Level Agreements. Ensure completion of processing tasks in accordance with established procedures and standards. Demonstrates ways to improve customer service, increase productivity and accuracy. Work well independently; complete assigned tasks within the established timeframe, complete regular assignments without reminders or additional requests. Demonstration of team-work through processing requirement and participation in meetings, activities which promotes team spirit. Adherence to Group core standards, compliance, regulatory, internal security and process standards at all times. To be aware of the operational risk that associated with the role, and to ensure that all actions during the employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. In this role, you will:
Impact on the Business/Function
- Ensure a low cost, high quality service to the business areas ensuring that risk is minimized and profit is maximized through effective management of costs/resources.
- Ensure that process and procedures are continually reviewed and improved and the changes are communicated and implemented effectively.
- The job also entails checking on internal audits and measures undertaken and regularly reviews them in order to maintain quality and productivity at the optimum level.
- Set a high standard of continuous staff motivation and leadership to ensure a good work environment leading to committed staff who takes pride in working for the Company.
- Develop staff to achieve their potential to both meet Company objectives and manage attrition.
- Individual managers are responsible for managing operational risk, including its identification, assessment, mitigation and controls, loss identification and reporting in accordance with the Operational Risk Management Framework
Customers / Stakeholders
- Set an example in ‘Leading to be Customer driven’ by implementing effective customer feedback mechanisms and monitoring ‘Service Quality’ of the section to ensure high Customer Service Standards.
- Drive rigorous and customer centric Quality Campaigns and initiatives to increase Quality awareness in the team.
- Recognize, reward and set high internal service excellence benchmarks to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Problem situations are proactively identified and resolved to give maximum customer satisfaction and escalated where necessary. Appropriate measures are taken to improve quality and prevent recurrence.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with customer business areas and identify areas of service improvements
Leadership & Teamwork
- Effectively drive and manage change to achieve business goals (eg. process improvements/changes in procedures)
- Lead by example through service excellence and driving quality initiatives for improved Customer Satisfaction.
- Drive staff development through soft skill training, personal development plans and performance management reviews. Reward and recognize service excellence and keep high staff morale through ‘Celebrating Success’.
- Strike balance among task, team and individual to inspire and influence staff to bring out their best.
- Motivate and develop team members to meet business objectives - advice and guidance is given in a constructive manner and supported by appropriate evidence.
- Ensure Assistant Managers are briefed and made aware of individual/department performance achievements/ targets in a timely manner.
- Develop staff to achieve business objectives and achieve individual potential, sharing knowledge and experience and providing assistance on referred issues.
- Plan and promote Band Progression to meet Business requirements and Staff expectations.
- Create an environment where skills and knowledge is openly shared to achieve department and business goals.
- Ensure performance management scheme is implemented in line with procedures across sections consistently.
- Supporting the initiatives undertaken by the management, HSS, HDPM and Group.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- To acquire a broad understanding of the settlement processes and to keep abreast with the latest developments in the assigned markets on the rules and regulations by the regulators, stock exchange and etc that may have implication to the daily settlement processes.
- To plan for allocation/reallocation of resources and process prioritization across the various markets within Settlements to smoothen the impact of erratic workflows/volumes and leave management by ensuring that a robust cross training plan is in place to multi skill operation teams.
- To plan for standardization of settlement processes by sharing the best practices across the various markets with the aim to enhance cost effectiveness and efficiencies.
- To ensure control measures/checkpoints are established to scrutinize exceptions/errors to prevent any operational losses and reviews on these measures are constantly performed. Procedural changes/new initiatives are reviewed, fully communicated to and implemented.
- To ensure strong internal audit and staff feedback mechanisms are in place to prevent potential frauds/losses.
- Plan for effective cross training taking into account the Global Contingency requirements, Staff Banding progression and Operational requirements and striking a balance among them.
- Ensure ‘Knowledge retention’ in the section by reinforcing concepts through continuous staff training. (To address the effects of attrition).
- Ongoing monitoring and review of workflow and priorities are in accordance with procedures.
- Process productivity and quality targets are set, monitored and achieved to ensure optimum resource utilization and achievement of business objectives and customer SLA’s by adhering to the Group’s agreed processes / procedures – achieving a satisfactory Audit report.
- Review Contingency requirements on a periodic basis and invoke relevant business recovery measures as necessary. Carry out effective Operational Risk Assessment by monitoring and implementing risk mitigating plans.
- Procedural changes/new initiatives are reviewed, agreed with the business area, fully communicated to staff and implemented
Local Job Requirements ( Skills/Experience Required ) Knowledge
- A post-graduate diploma or degree in any discipline. Higher qualification not a bar provided aspirations commensurate with the position.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a management position with exposure to appraisals, counselling, team building and staff development.
- Experience in a Securities processing environment.
- HSBC Securities experience would be beneficial especially with exposure to the worldwide aspect of the business.
- Ability to speak and understand English fluently, writes business letters and reports, and has good conversational / telephone skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, transfers knowledge appropriately, understand and interpret numeric data. Evidence of good analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends and make projections. Production management skills and ability to initiate process improvements.
- Leadership skills, with ability to build rapport with, relate to and effectively develop a wide range of people.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience (For the Job – not the Job holder. Minimum requirements of the Job)
- Lateral applicants should have served at least 24 months in their current position as of reporting day.
- Applicants must attach their up-to-date resume as well as appraisals onto the Career-link system. If the applicant is unable to attach their appraisal, then the applicant is required to submit hard copies of their last 2 appraisals directly to the hiring manager once they are shortlisted for the role.
- All applications should be submitted via Career-link latest by 11.59pm on the closing date
- For all applications received from other sites (besides HDPM), please take note that local immigration rulings and restrictions will apply.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. ***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***
: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Foshan
: RotatingType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Feb-2019, 09:29:52
: 18-Feb-2019, 23:59:00