Job Description - Senior Financial Services Specialist - SEC - HK Settlements - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology - NHC (0000CIHZ)
Senior Financial Services Specialist - SEC - HK Settlements - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology - NHC : 0000CIHZ
Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
Global Service Delivery
Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
To continuously provide high quality processing services to achieve maximum customer satisfaction within the specified Service Level Agreements.
Ensure completion of processing tasks in accordance with established procedures and standards.
Demonstrates ways to improve customer service, increase productivity and accuracy.
Work well independently; complete assigned tasks within the established timeframe, complete regular assignments without reminders or additional requests.
Demonstration of team-work through processing requirement and participation in meetings, activities which promotes team spirit.
Adherence to Group core standards, compliance, regulatory, internal security and process standards at all times.
To be aware of the operational risk that associated with the role, and to ensure that all actions during the employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. In this role, you will:
Impact on the Business/Function
- Perform the day to day input for processing
- Effectively process and work skill development to achieve business goals. (eg: productivity / accuracy improvements)
- To have a tight control on operational losses, potential fraud through strong internal audit and staff feedback mechanisms
- Work is processed/completed within agreed timescales in accordance with procedures
- Process productivity and quality targets are achieved. Issues/problems are fully resolved or escalated. Appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence
- Procedural changes/new initiatives are fully familiarized and implemented. Consistently maintain a high level of customer service by achieving established Performance Level Agreement
- Consistently update and improve procedures relating to overall day to day processing.
- Maintain equipment, systems and general work environment in good condition and ensure that issues/problems are escalated immediately to Assistant Manager
Customers / Stakeholders
- Problem situations are proactively identified, resolved and escalated to give maximum customer satisfaction. Appropriate measures are taken to improve quality and prevent recurrence.
- Customer issues are handled sensitively and receive full consideration. Situations are resolved effectively retaining goodwill of customer and customers are kept fully informed of progress
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with customer business areas and identify areas of service improvements
Leadership & Teamwork
- Strike balance among task, team and individual to inspire and influence staff to bring out their best
- Motivate the team members to meet business objectives.
- Create robust team environment where skills and knowledge is shared to achieve team and business goals.
- Be aware of individual/department performance targets and achievements.
- Knowledge and experience is shared with team members, providing assistance on referred/technical issues.
- Progress reviews on performance are undertaken within agreed timescales. Advice and guidance is given in a constructive manner.
- Supporting the initiatives undertaken by the management, HSS, HDPM and Group
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- To continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, and be aware of the need to implement compliance policies and of operational risk scenarios associated with your role.
- Process work as requested by line management/customer.
- All MI data requirement (timesheets, leave requests, absence requests and ad hoc process information) are completed and updated in a timely manner to assist colleagues and the Business areas to meet their SLAs
- A graduate diploma, degree in any discipline or equivalent experience. Higher qualification not a bar provided aspirations commensurate with the position.
- Experience in Securities processing environment.
- Possess relevant Securities background and knowledge - at least 12 months of Securities experience.
- Those who have IOC qualifications will have an advantage.
- Ability to speak and understand English fluently, writes business letters and reports, and has good conversational / telephone skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, transfers knowledge appropriately, understand and interpret numeric data. Evidence of good analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends.
- Work under pressure.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***
: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Foshan
: RotatingType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Feb-2019, 09:17:47
: 18-Feb-2019, 23:59:00