Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha's city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
About your Job::
Responsible for maintenance and support of Structured Cabling across the airport facilities. Maintain Cable Management System (CMS) software to keep updated and accurate information regarding the Passive Components deployed across the airport facilities. Ensures processes and Standard Operating Procedure are adhered to in line with Corporate IT policies and standards.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support the Structured Cabling (copper and Fiber) deployed across the airport by attending to the Incidents, problems as well as performing system administrative activities.
- Validate the testing report for fiber & copper, backbone and distribution cables installed by the vendor.
- Maintain updated records of the passive cabling in the Cable Management Software (CMS) and associated standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Support Network team in troubleshooting issues related to network infrastructure
- Ensure preventive maintenance for network components are conducted by the vendor at regular intervals.
- Liaise with external suppliers and internal teams involved in both projects and operational maintenance of systems to meet the business requirements
- Ensure IT process and procedures are followed in line with all established corporate IT policies and ISO 20000 standards for HIA IT services
- The job demands the holder to be on shift duty or round the clock on-call support to ensure 24x7 smooth operations of IT systems
- Electronics/ Engineering/ Computer Science Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 4 years of job-relevant experience required
- Hands-on and supervision experience in installing and commissioning of small, medium and large data cabling projects
- Any Industry recognised structured cabling certification such as Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT), Fluke Networks Certified Cabling Test Technician (CCTT) is preferred
- ITILv3 Foundation is preferred
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport