Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
- As an Account Protection Specialist, the position will be responsible for handling end to end process of fraud Dispute cases for Japan market.
- Review and analyze fraud dispute cases raised by card members.
- Conduct interview or inform the results of investigation to card members when required.
- Process necessary adjustment when confirmed fraud on card member’s account.
- Process adjustment on confirmed fraud cases routed from prevention team.
- Achieve high productivity and quality of work.
- Required to make sound, fact based decisions.
- Adhere to Fraud procedure and timeliness to meet customer and business partner SLA
- Requirements - Review, Make critical decision whether to write off / chargeback
- Fraud Customer Service referrals
- Understand and comply with all Fraud processes and local regulations
- Work on other fraud related tasks and projects as and when required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 8 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following:
Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold) Best In House Contact Center (Gold) Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold) Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold) Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold) Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold) Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold)
Join us and you’ll soon see why. Qualifications
- Degree holder in any field
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision
- Able to perform under pressure to service Card members
- Understanding of card acceptance procedures would be an advantage
- Understanding of Disputes/Chargeback process would be an advantage
- Proven ability to make fact based decisions promptly and maintain accuracy
- Possesses excellence negotiation skills and can gain commitment for action
- Strong Japanese verbal and written skills
- Good command in English would be beneficial
- Experience in risk management or another operational area within a financial services/banking organization would be beneficial,
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize tasks and work with minimal supervision
- High level of integrity
- Exceptional relationship building skills with desire to meet and exceed customer expectations