Job Description - Retail Business Banking Relationship Manager, Retail Banking & Wealth Management (0000CHOE)
Retail Business Banking Relationship Manager, Retail Banking & Wealth Management : 0000CHOE
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Retail Business Banking Relationship Manager RBWM:
Are responsible for successful implementation of Small Business Banking acquisition strategies and acquiring new-to-bank customers via central or self-generated leads. A Business Hunter does not own a portfolio of clients.
Business Hunters will refer the clients they acquire to the best fit portfolio (e.g. to a Relationship Managed portfolio). Business Hunters are expected to hold relationships with community, trade associations and professional bodies
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC Group to improve connectivity, deliver exceptional standards and quality of service across all interactions
- Work with Product experts and other Group partners and assist in the delivery of solutions, services and products that are appropriate to meet customer needs and improve customer engagement
- Ensure identification of early warning signs and problem relationships and take appropriate action to protect HSBC interests
- Build a strong relationship with the Risk Management teams in order to achieve a sustainable asset growth
- Complete needs analysis of customers within business reviews
- Identifies business needs of customers and provide solutions for solving them
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of product delivery, sales processes, customer correspondence and complaint handling
- Establish strong relationships with (prospective) customers and third parties (e accountants, lawyers, trade advisors)
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 3-5 years of experience in Small Business/Commercial Banking field
- Proven ability, with a successful record of accomplishment in risk management, operational and regulatory, credit analysis and judgmental lending
- Knowledge of the Commercial Banking market both globally and specifically relating to the local environment, including the competitive landscape, with a detailed knowledge of competitor propositions.
- Honed analytical skills, with a strong emphasis on credit and operational risk
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues
- Ability to effectively plan and organise, with tenacity to drive through results
- Innovative with a flair for solving problems
- The jobholder forms an integral part of the wider HSBC management team. As part of this wider team, your are expected to identify opportunities in your day to day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with differing responsibilities, particularly in other areas of HSBC such as Premier Banking, Commercial and Jade Banking
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 07-Feb-2019, 03:23:40
: 01-Mar-2019, 12:59:00