Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
Network Engineers are responsible for the provision and support of network based services hosted in Global Data Centres. This can include both the development of new network infrastructure, re-configuration of exisitng, and on-going systems support.
The role will involve working as a technical specialist on business driven projects where they will be required to plan, design and implement network solutions to support specific business applications and services.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
· The delivery of high quality business driven IT projects.
· Support of day to day network operation.
· Ensure that all delivery is in line with agreed global standards.
· Support and maintain full functionality of equipment and applications provided.
· Meet quality targets as assigned by IT Operations Management for Change, Service Levels and Problem Resolution times.
· Identify efficiencies and potential improvements to the network environment.
· Communicate effectively with key business users regarding requirements.
· Participate in the testing/pilot of new services and hardware.
· Work outside of "business hours" and at weekends in order to undertake change activity as required.
Impact on the Business / Function
o delivery of high quality driven IT projects, meeting their need,s and demonstrating the added value of service provided.
o Ensuring that all delivery is in line with agreed global standards
Customers / Stakeholders
· Investigation and implementation of new technologies to deliver solutions with optimal TCO for the organisation whilst meeting core business requirements
· Implementation engineering design activity to support business and domain requirements
Leadership & Teamwork
· Support for Telecomms delivery teams for normal operation
· migration and infrastructure transformation project
· Implementation & engineering activity for new hardware/software/configuration
· Working collaboratively with peers across domains / disciplines and with vendors / partners to deliver high quality solutions
Attend project and team meetings and 1-2-1s.
Demonstrate domain leadership as SME.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
o Key focus on development of automation and orchestration tooling to reduce manual interaction at every opportunity
Demonstrate a reduction in manual operational processes and increased operational efficiency.
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.