Job Description - Business Relationship Manager (0000CJWF)
Business Relationship Manager : 0000CJWF
Global Vision. Local Focus. Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture. Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver. About Retail Banking & Wealth Management Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. A day in the life of a Business Relationship Manager include the following: The Business Relationship Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of Small Business Banking acquisition strategies and acquiring new-to-bank customers via central or self-generated leads. Principle Accountabilities:
- Actively manage a medium sized portfolio of Small Business clients, acquire new HSBC clients and upgrade existing clients through becoming the trusted advisor to them. You are accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
- Act as Relationship Manager by offering value-added advice and guidance to customers and placing their needs at the forefront of our activity, setting world class standards
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests and risk appetite
- Proactively develop effective strategies to manage both existing and new relationships, by anticipating customer needs and providing a superior service and products
- Keep up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC’s international and domestic strategy, capabilities and policies, and of external factors influencing international and domestic business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Generate referrals for Premier businesses and face to face managed portfolios
- Ensure identification of early warning signs and problem relationships and take appropriate action to protect HSBC interests
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2-5 years of experience managing client portfolios in Small Business/Commercial Banking
- Proven ability, with a successful record in sales and business development meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Experience and knowledge in credit analysis and lending
- Knowledge of the Commercial Banking market both globally and specifically relating to the local environment, including the competitive landscape, with a detailed knowledge of competitor propositions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues
- Ability to effectively plan and organise, with tenacity to drive through results
- Innovative with a flair for solving problems
- Ability to be agile, hands-on and versatile to adapt to ambiguity in a fast paced changing environment
- Solid understanding of all Small Business Banking products (ie: line of credit, accounts, credit cards and leasing)
HSBC Proud In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the seventh consecutive year. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 08-Feb-2019, 23:42:41
: 23-Feb-2019, 12:59:00