Job Description - Operations Risk and Administration Specialist (0000CK3G)
Operations Risk and Administration Specialist : 0000CK3G
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada, with assets of US$2,522bn as at 31 December, 2017. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Operations Risk and Administration Specialist:
To provide operational and administrative support and quality standards to the Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) business that may be specialized in nature. Overall nature of work is moderately complex.
May provide timely quality resolution of customer service disputes that are received by phone, by mail or by email.
- Exceeds expectations in terms of speed, certainty and efficiency of response.
- Identify and understand customer needs in order to complete transactions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Act as second level escalation for handling more complex issues as well as a referral point for signing authority and approvals.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to internal and external contacts.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Promotes and contributes to team-based approach in completing tasks and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Provide guidance to Operations Risk and Administration Associates, Personal Bankers and Premium Bankers.
- Participates in quality, regulatory and compliance training in order to meet performance targets.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity.
- Demonstrates Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Secondary school graduation.
- At least 1 year of experience in related role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Career minded team player and development minded.
- Chargeback experience with MasterCard could be an asset.
- Ability to meet volume, quality and regulatory performance targets.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Proven ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- High attention to detail with advanced time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- May require industry-specific courses to serve as back up to the HIFC Branch Manager.
- To serve as backup HBM the incumbent requires:
- Proficiency requirements*
- 2 years experience selling mutual funds
- Registerable as the BM under the applicable securities legislation.
- World Selection Portfolio certification (training provided by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead and guide others.
- Willingness to be mobile in local area.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
- Proficiency requirements could include any one of:
- Canadian Securities Course;
- Canadian Investment Funds Course; or
- Investment Funds in Canada AND the Branch Manager Course offered by CSI or IFIC; or
- A Branch Compliance Officers Course offered by Investment Funds Institute of Canadian Bankers.
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights magazine, in addition to The World’s Best Bank by Euromoney Magazine in its annual Awards for Excellence.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Retail / Branch Banking
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 08-Feb-2019, 23:01:55
: 14-Feb-2019, 12:59:00