Role Title: Client Control Associate
New or Existing Role – New
· Reporting to the Head of Client Control, this role will maintain and enhance client control within HSS Europe including:
o Client onboarding and maintenance: manage all account opening, changes and closure requests through the CLMT system in liaison with BMO/CMB, including the responsibility for credit applications into credit support and any changes in coordination with Client Management and GRMs. This also includes oversight of KYC profiles.
o Alliance Management: develop existing relationships with BMO/CMG including governance and oversight
o Business Risk Reviews and Client Exits: manage the accurate and timely completion of the BRR process for HSS in coordination with Client Management, BRR team and COO office. This team will be the link into client exits programs across GBM and HSS and to ensure we are controlling the process of reviewing clients for suitability of exit and managing this process correctly.
o Static Data Management: responsible for the maintenance of all static data relating to clients
o Documentation Control: responsible for the management of client documentation
· Collaborate across teams of SBD and CM to ensure on managing risks and controls and adherence to global standards across SBD and CM
· The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
o Dependable and do the right thing
o Open to different ideas and culture
Impact on Business
Customers / Stakeholders
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Lead initiatives to improve control and effectiveness
Management of Risk
· The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
· The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
· This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Observation of Internal Controls
· The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
|Location:||United Kingdom Edinburgh|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.