Principal Accountabilities –
- Provide technical development expertise to convert business requirements into reporting solutions
- Plan, manage, develop and deploy work into existing production installation
- 3rd Line Support of existing reporting estate
- Maintenance and Support of existing hardware and software
- The role requires some facing off to the business based in London
- Responsible for providing technical support (on call ) on production issues
- Leads all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users
- Lead the reporting of critical outages to management and business partners until successful resolution and deals effectively with issues that are complex, confidential and sensitive in nature.
- Leads the development and implementation of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures, also of continuity/disaster recovery risks and mitigation plans.
- Leads the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans with different stakeholders
- Evaluates existing applications , platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications
The successful candidate will have –
- At least 8-10 years of expertise in Business Objects XI R2 & XI 3.1 / 4.2 development and administration
- Excellent knowledge and experience in migration from 3.x to 4.x.
- Good knowledge and experience in VB script
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, Universe database
- Ability to debug, analyse and optimise SQL queries.
- Java Development (ideally within Business Objects SDK)
- Developer level experience in at least one mainstream RDBMS
- Familiarity with ETL concepts and processes
- Knowledge of setting up and configuring web server applications in Windows and/or Unix
- Demonstrable ability to gather requirements, analyse, question and produce a functional requirements documentation
- Knowledge of the SDLC and different development models
- Rigorous self-controlled approach to development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people at all levels in the business
- Experience of working in a Production Support and senior Development roles
- Keen attention to detail, and demonstrable 'ownership' of problems and tasks
- A drive and enthusiasm to deliver excellent service and continual improvement
|Location:||India Maharashtra Pune|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.