HSBC Technology and Services + Region
Customer Segment & Location: HSBC Technology and Services (HTS) - Pune
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
Global Change Delivery Analysts are at the centre of how GCD shapes, delivers and embeds change working with the business and our delivery partners. They are typically responsible for supporting Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities. Analysts work collaboratively with Business Analysts, Process and Business Consultants, delivery partners and subject matter experts in gathering, translating and clarifying requirements and defining design options. In systems related projects and programmes, the role holder will support Software Delivery and IT Operations with the translation of business requirements and designs into more detailed functional requirements and designs, often representing the voice of the customer and business in these discussions. The Analyst will support Change Management activities such as early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. Analysts will also support Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change ‘product’, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot). In reengineering projects, they will support Process Consultants in analysing and re-engineering world class business processes.
Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
• Works well with others and puts self in others shoes to gain a greater understanding of their point of view
• Maintains personal and professional development - upgrades professional knowledge, skills, experience and accreditation; acts as a good team member
• Accepts the continuing need for flexibility and takes a supportive, practical approach to change and innovation; participates and learns about the change to effectively adapt
• Takes accountability for work / time management; produces high quality outputs and works without needing constant supervision, approaching new tasks or challenges with confidence and enthusiasm
• Solves problems systematically, logically and independently and where appropriate involving supervisors
• Shapes basic ideas, makes suggestions in regards to potential quick wins
• Understands basic tools from the re-engineering toolkit and uses these to conduct basic analysis - gathering current state data (operations, financial etc) and identifying improvement opportunities
• Target – Maximise time spent on generating value for our partners.
• Measure 1 – % resource time allocated to ‘partner facing’ activities by competency.
• Measure 2 – Chargeability (i.e. billable vs. business development pipeline creation and practice development)
• Target – Deliver transformational programmes and achieve stated revenue and costs benefits.
• Measure – % of target delivered against plan.
• Target – Delight our partners through delivery of exceptional service.
• Measure – Business partner
satisfaction (internal) relating to project
process and outcomes
• Gathers and details business requirements, supporting prioritisation and traceability
• Designs parts of a solution based on the business requirements
• Supports on planning a change approach, including considerations on how to manage impacts to the change audience (e.g. planning/ sequencing of change activities)
• Supports change journey planning and highlights any risks and issues
• Supports team to define and manage implementation (e.g. definition of interim and target states, pilot/ roll out approach and managing implementation readiness); manages individual implementation activities (e.g. develops training materials)
• Prepares and delivers change communications and training to change audiences
• Supports process mapping/ re-engineering design activities using standard tools for both statistical and qualitative methods
• Supports re-engineering delivery and implementation activities
• Supports the production of business case
• Target - Consistent delivery and articulation of high quality requirements to all stakeholders
• Measure – Completeness and quality of requirements, as well as alignment to business case
• Target – Effectively manage operational risks and internal controls
• Measure – Number of outstanding risks not mitigated to plan
• Target - Effectively deliver change in line with GCD process consulting, business consulting and programme/project management methodology, leveraging best practice to achieve excellence in execution
• Measure – Adherence to methodology deliverables and steps
• Target – Ensure the change is rolled out with minimum disruption, that the change realises benefits and sticks
• Measure – Rollout progress against plan, number of failed site deployments / deployment issues, adoption rates, change audience feedback etc.
• Target – Minimise high risk audit points
• Measure – Evidence of awareness and mitigation of identified audit points
Capability and People Development
• Understands the importance of connecting effectively with others to achieve their own and team goals
• Builds professional relationships within work area and utilises this to learn from others and re-use existing GCD knowledge and material
• Maintains personal and professional development - upgrades professional knowledge, skills, experience and accreditation, allowing movement quickly and efficiently between work activities of different focus
• Brings drive and energy to own role, as well as an enthusiasm to collaborate productively with others
• Participates in team engagement and motivation initiatives (e.g. learning and development opportunities, team networking events etc.)
• Speaks confidently and fluently using appropriate pace and level; writes clearly and concisely to convey information accurately and effectively
• Takes accountability for work / time management; works without needing constant supervision, approaching new tasks or challenges with confidence and enthusiasm
• Target - Manage and develop our people effectively in order to drive higher performance, manage underperformance and achieve
departmental performance differentiation
• Measure - Quarterly pulse survey Target - Build networks with key stakeholders, creating an ability to execute at pace with minimum conflict
• Measure - Business Partner Survey
• Target - Change Delivery team valued by all partners, with behaviours and capabilities recognized globally as “best in class”.
• Measure - Business Partner Survey
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
• Solving uncertain problems – Analysts will often need to tackle difficult problems where some factors are uncertain and agree outcomes with multiple stakeholders with different interests and viewpoints.
• Multi-disciplinary – Analysts need to be able to support the shaping of business requirements and solution designs that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology - system, data, infrastructure, etc).
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
The vision statement for Change Delivery is “To be the businesses’ primary change partner, support the implementation of the Group Strategy and make change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for HSBC”. The jobholder works generally as part of a wider project team and is provided direction by Business Analysts, Process Consultants, project managers and Business Consultants. They may act independently in projects of small to medium complexity. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with Software Delivery, IT Operations, Service Delivery, and with other delivery partners and Global Functions. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget)
The job holder will be expected to support a small number of projects with a small to medium degree of complexity being more straightforward to deliver or embedded within a wider Process or Business Consultancy engagement on more complex projects.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
• Awareness of Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
• Awareness of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Change Delivery
• An understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
• Some knowledge of process improvement or requirements gathering techniques
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships
• Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
• Experience gathering requirements, process re-engineering or conducting design activity
• Experience of communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders
• Exposure to change implementation activity
• Some experience of data analysis and interpretation.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and some experience in face-to-face presentation.
• Achieving Excellence
• Business Analysis and Design
• Change and Implementation Management
• Problem Solving and Critical thinking
• Embracing Change
• Delivery at Pace
• Impactful communication
• Leading Self and Others
• Process Re-engineering
• Tracking, Reporting and Governance
• Planning and Plan Management
• Risk and Issue Management
• Stakeholder Management
Qualifications and Accreditations
• Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) - Desirable
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Optional
• Lean Six Sigma Yellow / Green Belt - Optional
• Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field - Optional
|Location:||India Maharashtra Pune|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.