Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
To be part of the team engaged in development, implementation and support of applications by undertaking different roles, as and when required by project and the Project Manager. Activities may involve software design, development, testing quality assurance, business analysis, coordination with 3rd party suppliers and application support.
- Develop and enhance software programs to the specified requirements.
- Conduct business automation requirements analysis for assigned project(s).
- Deliver error-free code within agreed time-scales, using the tools, and techniques applicable for the assigned project(s)
- Documentation of the application & 3rd party products for ease of quality assurance, testing, implementation, operation and support.
- Investigate reported incidents in operational systems and ensure right changes to the code, test and promote following the standard change management process.
- Conduct / assist in ensuring right level of testing conducted for the modules developed.
- Prepare or assist in preparing of user experience (UX), mock-ups, user interface (UI)
- Conduct/assist both functional and non-functional testing, either manual or automatic using testing tools.
- Prepare or assist in preparing test scenarios, test scripts, test cases and test results.
- Work with the solution architects to design right technical architecture to meet business requirements.
- Conduct software peer reviews and unit tests in case of bespoke development
- Support in ensuring all functional and non-functional requirements are met.
- Assist Project team in creating and managing the Project related collaboration environment.
- Ensure the delivery of assigned activities within the time-scales and meeting the quality standards.
- Liaise with external suppliers and internal teams involved in the project as needed
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
Technical Expertise required for the role:
Skill sets which is a 'must have' for Java Developers:
- Java 8 +
- JEE (Servlets, JPA, JDBC)
- Spring 4+ (Core & MVC)
- Hibernate 4+
- Unit Testing
- ALM / UML
- Spring boot
- Micro Services
Skill sets which is a 'must have' for Mobile Developers:
- Native application development in Android and iOS using Android Studio and Xcode respectively.
- Good knowledge in Objective C or Swift and Java or Kotlin.
- Knowledge on the distribution of apps in the playstore and app store.
- Excellent knowledge of the native features in the apps.
- Unit testing.
- Web services.
Qualifications and Experience: You should have minimum 6 years of development experience in Java or Mobile application. In this role you will be managing your work independently while proactively reporting any risk and issues and contribute to the team goals.
- Two years of experience in working in Scrum / Agile methodology and be a strong practitioner of agile principles.
- Experience in application first level support
- Follow all the process and should be able technical documentation required in the project life- cycle, including the daily and weekly tracking of work Items in TFS
- Review the code quality as part of peer review and ensure that the implementation is according to the designs.
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills: The following skill sets are desirable
- Data structures
- OOAD & System Use cases
- Design Patterns.
- Web services .
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools and process.
- Experience in Airlines domain, preferably e commerce.
- Worked in Agile methodology using TFS
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport