An opportunity has become available for a Safety Practitioner to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 9000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- As part of a Health Service team, work in alignment with the Departmental and Area Health Services Health and Safety Teams to achieve consistency of health and safety strategies, service delivery arrangements and performance outcomes
- Assisting in the delivery and implementation of divisional injury prevention initiatives by collaborating with all managers and leaders through:
- Offering ideas and recommending solutions on injury prevention issues and systems
- Providing advice on Division or Department wide injury prevention and management strategies and initiatives to ensure consistent implementation
- Providing support in auditing and inspections of relevant systems to ascertain compliance with legislation and approved policy/guidelines, establishing risk profiles and assisting with implementing improved health and safety management systems in facilities within the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Contributing in the analysis of divisional injury, WorkCover, human resource and other data to develop risk profiles and to assist in engaging and influencing stakeholders within allocated division/s to adopt tailored cost effective mitigation strategies
- Contributing to the development and implementation of health and safety policies and initiatives, including major, complex work health and safety research, projects, training, workshops and presentations
- Reviewing or investigating accidents and incidents in faciliting with staff, and facilitate the preparation of management reports on these issues
Requirements for the role
- While not mandatory, a Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety would be well regarded
- Career Development
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $75 711 - $83 415 p.a.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Day Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Monday, 25 February 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC302147
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.