Job Title: Assistant Manager Trade Mid Office
Band GCB 6
Business Rationale for the above IJA request.
1) The Bank Guarantees Team is a centralized processing unit operating from Mumbai.
2) The Team manages Guarantee Issuance (Local and Cross Border) which also comprises structured transactions for Pan India GB and CMB customers.
3) The above mentioned IJA position is a GCB 6 (Level 2 Approver) role which manages review of Guarantee formats received from customers in accordance with delegated Limits of Authority and taking into account local regulations as well as internal policies. The role has fallen vacant since the incumbent has decided to move out due to person reasons.
4) The job holder interfaces with GTRF BDMs, CGRMs and Overseas Correspondent (Group/Non-Banks) in terms of discussing clauses and follow-up for issuance of the Guarantee. Also for various internal approvals that are required prior to issuance of the Guarantee.
5) The incumbent is also tasked with observance of AML, and Sanctions related guidelines related as well as other Internal guidelines, besides being conversant with the Indian Regulatory framework (including RBI, FEMA, ACU related guidelines and Tax related implications).
6) The job holder is also responsible for liaison with Concurrent Auditors, providing them with all relevant information and resolving their queries.
Trade is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including GBM, CMB, and Private Banking. The jobholder is responsible for smooth execution of the day to day activities for the GTRF Operational teams. The job requires a high degree of understanding in Trade operations in terms of technical knowledge, through understanding of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published rules as well as GTRF FIM, Internal Controls and Group Compliance Policy including International sanctions and Financial Crime Risks etc. In delivering their responsibilities, they are expected to successfully lead a cohesive team which is inspired to meet business imperatives. This will include monitoring of workflow management tools, facilitating optimal resource planning to ensure delivery of a “superior” customer service in accordance with laid down rules and regulations.
Bachelor of Commerce with MBA or CA with 2-3 years of experience in Credit Administration, Banking Operation preferably in Guarantee/Trade.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
Diversity Statement, Data Protection and Entity Statement
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) India
|Location:||India Punjab Chandigarh|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.