Client Onboarding Associate Analyst 2-19004770
Description About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Job Purpose: The Client Onboarding Team is responsible for implementing and managing a smooth process in handling all of the aspects of onboarding a client so that they are ready to do business with Citi. This will involve liaising with clients and several teams in Sales, Legal, Compliance, Credit, Operations, Tax, etc. in order to ensure that time to market is minimized and that transparency can be provided around the process. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and assisting with implementation opportunities to centralize and optimize the processes to constantly improve client satisfaction and the overall group performance. Job Background/context: The Client Onboarding team is global, cross asset class function responsible for both the client experience during the onboarding process and the overall quality of client/customer data. Client Onboarding is part of the Account Control department within the Information Services Group (ISG) Main areas of interaction:
- Capital markets Sales
- Settlement Ops
- Accounts Control Operations/KYC
- Middle Office
- Work with clients and sales teams to obtain necessary documentation for account opening
- Liaise with client on obtaining tax forms and supporting documentation
- Support and monitor the timely and accurate execution of sales and client requests to the group
- Populate account opening, market opening, and tax documentation. Ensure all documents are collected, verified and stored, and provide status back to the client
- Perform client documentation searches across internal and external sites and compile client profiles.
- Interact with client regarding the latest status and current onboarding actions
- Partner with Accounts Control team to ensure KYC/AML/MiFID and other regulatory reviews on all clients is performed
- Partner with Credit Risk Officers to ensure that all client review materials are in place and completed
- Accurate and timely management of his/her own workflows and overall pipeline of open requests
- Provide guidance in the role of subject matter expert in the areas of account opening, tax, and local market documentation to both Citi staff and external clients
- Participate in initiatives to improve the client and account management process
- Maintain MIS on end to end process for tracking turnaround times of deliverables from team and other processing areas
- Support ad hoc projects
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 year’s experience in financial services
- Previous, client facing, middle office or operations financial services experience.
- Knowledge of capital market products a plus
- Strong analytical and creative solutioning abilities
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with high attention to details
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.