IPB US KYC Maker-19004984
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
About the Business The International Personal Bank U.S. (IPB U.S.) is a segment of Citi’s U.S. Retail Bank that provides U.S.-based wealth management services to clients around the world. IPB U.S. offers its clients access to brokerage products and services as well as traditional banking products and services through three legal vehicles and offices located in the U.S. and several Latin American countries.
The KYC Maker position is responsible for providing end-to-end support to Financial Professionals (FPs)/Relationship Managers (RMs) to meet KYC requirements at onboarding and at Periodic Review. This position will under no circumstances assist clients directly.
- Responsible to pre-fill the KYC profiles based on the documentation/information provided by the RM, including:
- RMC Section (member data);
- Running Client Screening Solution (“CSS”) and Factiva (Adverse Media) searches, if applicable;
- Raising any open cases to KYC Risk Evaluation Management (“KYC REM”) team and/or Global Screening Operations (“GSO”) team, if applicable.
- Completing Call/Visit Report based on information provided by the RM; and
- Completing the AAM form and performing a comprehensive review of account activity.
- Remediating client record execution errors
- Reviewing and communicating with the RM/Maker throughout the submission process, including working with the RM/Maker if any portion of the KYC Profile is incomplete or rejected.
- The KYC Maker is also responsible for remediating any valid errors and/or observations identified during Quality Reviews of their cases and following the appropriate dispute process for any disputed errors and participate in any corrective action that requires their engagement.
- Escalating any potential, or material, AML or Sanctions risks discovered during on-boarding or maintenance of KYC Profiles to the RM, BUCO, Direct Manager, ACRM, and/or FIU.
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion of both scheduled (i.e. Periodic Review) and unscheduled reviews (e.g. HRAC, AIRs, Significant Changes, Batch Screening, KYC Deficiency Feedback Loop).
- Provide fluent story relating customer source of wealth, source of funds, activity, and all other relevant information required by the IPB U.S. AML Procedures based on information provided by the Financial Professional.
- Provide constructive guidance to the Financial Professional to successfully apply the IPB U.S. AML Procedures during completion of KYC activities.
- Manage interaction with Financial Professionals and other staff members, as needed, in support of AML/KYC activities, maintaining a high level internal client service experience.
- Comply with service level standards to complete KYC activities and address rejections made by Checkers.
- Complete all required trainings pertaining to the function on a timely manner.
- Accomplish assigned tasks (including time sensitive tasks) within defined targets and adapt to changing priorities
- Minimum 5 years of Business experience in the Consumer and Commercial Banking industry and experience within a medium/large financial organization, including knowledge of banking products and different types of transactions.
- Proven success in a client-focused environment.
- Relevant work experience and understanding of global and local AML KYC regulations, associated risks of non-compliance and changing dynamics, and knowledge of KYC processes throughout the client lifecycle.
- Understanding of the interdependencies of roles within KYC process and requirements for KYC Record successful completion across relevant client types.
- Experience with regulatory compliance, AML transaction/risk monitoring tools, and solving AML related issues.
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong time management and analytical skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (i.e. Excel, Power Point)
- Understanding of Bank’s policies and procedures.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong commitment to the business and team
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Focused and driven attitude to support Sales with the Due Diligence process
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.