An opportunity has become available for several Clinical Nurses (Neuroscience Rehabilitation Unit) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 9000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Practicing to full scope as per the defined practice standards for registered nurses set out by the NMBA and registered with AHPRA
- A specific consumer population, functioning in more complex clinical situations while providing support and direction to Registered Nurse/Enrolled Nurse and other non-registered nursing personnel
- Advanced assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation skills in the clinical management of consumer care and participation in multidisciplinary care planning
- Coordinating staff and managing resources as delegate, including reprioritising of departmental needs and supporting day to day changes. Resolve staff conflict or progress accordingly, reporting appropriately
- Being required to work a full range of shifts to meet our 24-hour service
- Participating in succession planning in the absence of the NUM or where relevant CNC, takes charge of the Team, and on occasion the Inpatient Unit, maintains a skilled nursing presence to facilitate a team approach for nursing interventions and multi-disciplinary team working
- Helping to foster a supportive working environment and maintenance of staff morale through mutual regard and respect
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- A minimum of a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma within a relevant specialty area is highly desirable. Where the successful applicant does not currently hold a relevant post-graduate qualification, commitment to completion of post-graduate study within an agreed timeframe is expected and will form part of the performance review process
- Professional affiliations related to the specialty are highly desirable
- Recognition under the RN Professional Recognition Program is highly desirable
- Credentialing through a recognised College (Credentialing4nurses) will be highly regarded
- This position requires effective computer skills or the ability to acquire computer skills relevant to the role in a short time frame
- This position may be required to work across Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Career Development
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent part time (several positions, hrs negotiable)
- Base salary ranging from $45.38 - $48.59 per hour
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About (Neuroscience Rehabilitation Unit)
The Neuroscience Rehabilitation Unit is located at the Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) and sits in the division of Integrated and Ambulatory Core Services (IACS). The Neuroscience Rehabilitation Unit is currently a 28 bed unit and provides rehabilitation services for patients who have had strokes, traumatic or acquired brain injuries. As GCUH is a Level 6 trauma hospital, the Neuroscience Rehabilitation Unit has expanded its service to include complex rehabilitation. The Clinical Nurse role will reflect the skills and knowledge required to deliver these services.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Tuesday, 26 February 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC302507
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.