Your key responsibilities will include:
Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with ICARE and the Queensland Public Service values (QPS) along with the following accountabilities:
- Adhere to defined service quality standards, health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Assist in managing the effective operation and coordination of workflow functions associated with the receipt, handling, storage, picking, packing, dispatch, delivery and stocktaking of medical supplies and equipment.
- Adhere to regulations and instructions as they relate to the warehousing and distribution functions.
- Exercise a high degree of initiative and judgement in the utilisation and prioritisation of resources within each functional team.
- The training, development and appraisal of staff.
- Exercise accountability for the work production/output of the team under control and for the quality standard, accuracy and timeliness of work produced.
- Regular reporting against goals and objectives to management and other stakeholders as appropriate
What are we looking for?
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘Your key responsibilities', the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in delivering high performing, physical distribution services in a large, diverse and complex organisation.
- Knowledge of computerised supply management systems.
- High level interpersonal skills including consultation, facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Leadership and supervisory skills; including, the ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing work environments.