An opportunity has become available for a Nurse Unit Manager (Renal Inpatients Unit) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 9000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Role modelling a people-focused approach to evidenced based care and service planning, enabling positive behaviours and attitudes that support teamwork and enable clinicians to develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills and to deal constructively with workplace conflict and/or performance issues whilst developing and maintaining a unit culture reflective of the Health Service Nursing and Midwifery model of care
- Maintaining advanced knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and theory and participating directly and /or indirectly in the delivery of clinical care
- Displaying extensive knowledge and experience in Renal nursing
- Providing expert consultation to a multidisciplinary team on all Renal conditions, diagnostics, interventions, and ongoing care
- Managing the public view of the Renal Unit through early intervention, responding to complaints in a timely way, initiating solutions and developing staff to deal with public relations issues
- Leading a nursing team in a multidisciplinary environment utilising the principles of contemporary human, material and financial resource management. Providing guidance and support for unit nursing staff to enable them to achieve desired outcomes
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- A Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Certified copies of relevant qualification and registration must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties
- A minimum of a Masters qualification within a relevant area is highly desirable. Where the successful applicant does not currently hold a relevant post-graduate qualification, commitment to completion of post-graduate study within an agreed timeframe is expected and will form part of the performance review process
- Career Development
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $110 499 - $119 694 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Renal Inpatients Unit
The Renal Inpatients Unit is an acute renal inpatient unit within Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS) Renal Services, in the division of Diagnostic and Sub-specialty Services (DASS) and aims to deliver safe, reliable and efficient client and family focused health care service through partnership with all relevant stakeholders.
The Renal Inpatients Unit's primary service is specialising in the care of patients with acute and chronic kidney conditions, management of kidney transplant patients, as well as general medical, surgical and palliative patients. The Unit also provides pre-dialysis care and education.
The Renal Inpatients Unit provides care to surgical, vascular and orthopaedic clients who have a pre-existing renal condition. Elective day case renal biopsies are admitted to the Renal Inpatients Unit and staff provide pre and post renal biopsy care as per renal biopsy pathway.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework (PDF) ( https://www.goldcoast.health.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/Core%20Capability%20Framework_GOV002420.pdf ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Tuesday, 26 February 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC301912
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.