An opportunity has become available for an Administration Supervisor (Central Staffing Unit) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 9000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Supervising the Central Staffing Team (CST) ensuring team performance are managed against team deliverables and appropriate coverage within the team is maintained to deliver on rostering and other human resources related tasks within the Operational Support Services (OSS) according to required timeframes
- Undertaking regular reviews of rostering and related workforce management processes (including business rules) within the CST ensuring processes including improvement initiatives are identified, developed, documented in an operational manual and consistently implemented
- Maintaining up-to-date business rules for the OSS relating to rostering and its impact on staff remuneration
- Developing and supervising the implementation of processes outside business as usual to recover labour costs relevant to rostering
- Reviewing and supervising the resolution of pay enquiries and other payroll related issues within required timeframes, ensuring timely escalation of issues where necessary, appropriate documentation is provided to resolve any potential over or under payments and appropriate processes are developed and implemented to prevent the recurrence of pay errors
- Regularly reviewinging payroll performance reports ensuring performance issues and potential mitigation actions are discussed and resolved with OSS line managers and Payroll Services
Requirements for the role
- While not mandatory, a relevant qualification would be well regarded
- While not mandatory, rostering experience in a complex organisation with a 24/7 operation and/or demonstrated experience in managing a team and performance would be well regarded
- Career Development
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $87 994 - $95 742 p.a.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Day Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About (Central Staffing Unit)
Supervise the rostering process within Operational Support Services (OSS), including managing a team of rostering officers within the Central Staffing Unit. This role is accountable for ensuring OSS employees are rostered to support Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS) service delivery commitments.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Tuesday, 26 February 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC302054
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.