An opportunity has become available for two Registered Midwives to join Gold Coast Health (GCH)where the focus of our 9000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Role model a patient centred approach to evidence-based care, supporting and maintaining a unit culture reflective of the principles of the Magnet Recognition Program®
- Coordinate clinical care in the work unit (including performing the role of shift coordinator as required) utilising well developed contemporary clinical and problem-solving skills, developing and fostering strong working relationships within the interdisciplinary team
- Be actively involved in, or lead, a Quality Portfolio as delegated, representing the work unit on committees as required
- Demonstrate commitment to building the GCHHS vision of becoming a world-class organisation by participating in and contributing to the Magnet Recognition Program®.
- Show kindness offering assistance, support, encouragement and motivation to others whenever possible.
- Promote a supportive environment and a willingness to share knowledge to all learners in the workplace including students and graduates
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: as required by HR Policy B1: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B.
- AHPRA Registration
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- Minimum of 12 months post registration experience will be highly regarded
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle, and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required.
- Be available for 'on-call' to provide care as needed to the woman in their defined caseloads and to provide back-up to their partner midwives. Out of hours and weekends shared amongst the partnership. Days off with no on-call are arranged as per Award.
- Career Development
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time (two positions)
- Base salary ranging from $68 977 - $88 474 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 35% All-purpose loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Day Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Midwifery Group Practice
The Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) at the Gold Coast University Hospital is a continuity of care service that provides primary care for an allocated group of women in collaboration with other health care providers across the continuum of pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-partum period.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework (PDF) ( https://www.goldcoast.health.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/Core%20Capability%20Framework_GOV002420.pdf ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Tuesday, 26 February 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC302141
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.