· To provide expertise to ensure that Citi’s real estate property assets and image are protected through professional, effective and prudent management of the real estate portfolio, building operations and the related expense base, and by maintaining a secure, safe, functional and productive working environment. To deliver services in order to meet business requirements and adhere to Citi policies and procedures.
· Requires development of innovative solutions and conflict resolution to real estate issues within managed portfolio.
· Requires in-depth understanding of the businesses located within the managed premises portfolio.
· Responsible for managing multiple properties associated with substantial business risk.
· Directs and manages from small to multi-million dollar projects.
· Frequent interaction with senior management at country and cluster level, directors and department heads within the property portfolio.
· May also interact with government/community agencies to maximize the value of the portfolio.
· Interface with vendors/business partners informing them.
Represent Citi tenant and ownership interest for all Banking Business groups under CRS management, including but not limited to:
• Responsibility for the territories of Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia
• Manage the Real Estate portfolio to ensure optimum use of space, effective use of the lease contract options and effective disposal/sub-lease of property no longer required by Citi.
• Provides a safe and comfortable environment in all locations through available resources such as engineers, building systems professionals, cleaning and other support staff.
• Develop and monitor annual budgets for revenue and expense and capital spend planning, including but not limited to; Staff, Premises, Vendors, Consumables and Utility costs; Investment planning for backlog and cyclic maintenance, sublease and other property reserves.
• Demonstrate year on year improvement in the expense base reduction and increasing efficiency in premises utilization, measurable by a reduction in the annual cost per seat.
• Develop, plan and effectively manage a comprehensive routine facilities maintenance program utilizing and coordinating contracted services and vendors. Prepare/review maintenance/project specifications and contracts. Leverage available opportunities for bulk purchase.
· Manage direct reports and/or the outsourced staff with responsibility for all day to day premises operations, service, and related work including, but not limited to: energy management programs/system, overall UPS/Generator system management, etc.
· Liaise with business senior management on an ongoing basis. Provide short, medium and long term real estate portfolio planning to meet the business’s needs.
· Manage all types of project including building re-stacking and space planning exercises upon request of customers or to optimize building available space usage, within budget cost. Ensure proper management of architects, engineers, contractors, their legal contracts, performance, invoice payments and compliance with schedules.
• Provide technical and professional expertise on leasing/construction issues for Citigroup/Citibank owned/leased buildings under CRS management.
• Administration and inventory of the premises Fixed Assets, including internal reporting to local administrations and auditors.
• Administer and lead the Assets Management program to maintain and improve the value of the Corporation’s assets and providing a safe, reliable and cost effective work environment.
• Ensure that CRS priorities and corporate standards are maintained and observed within budgetary guidelines.
• Manage the country “Records and Files” program, including responsibility for financials and ownership of the local procedures manual.
• Manage the country Safety Corporate program including relationship with local Safety Authorities.
• Report to Corporate Insurance and Risk Management and CRS for all matters relative to building insurances.
• Manage the relationship between building owners, Managing Agents, Real Estate Agents and tenants.
• Ensure compliance with all corporate and local regulations and Legal requirements.
• Ensures full compliance with Citi Policy and Procedures
• Performs any additional tasks as indicated by the function supervisor.
• Further scope of tasks and duties is determined in Department Rules and Regulations.
• Responsible for Contractors/suppliers, premises projects and multiple businesses.
· Understanding the concept of Real estate through working with project management, Premises Management, and Real Estate and Finance teams.
· Management reporting
· Knowledge of Citigroup administrative processes and requirements.
· Skills development through training program
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong communication skills
· At least 5 years of real estate work experience in facilities management or related fields.
· At least 2 year’s management experience.
· Knowledge and understanding of customer service quality principles.
· Citi Fire and Safety, insurance, CRS standards and local regulations or equivalent processes in a similar organization.
· Strong relationship management and consultative skills.
· Strong negotiating, strategic planning, and communications skills.
· Strong management skills.
· Good understanding of people management with specific emphasis on motivation and team building within an outsourced environment
· Superior written and verbal communications skills
· Knowledge of COB (recovery planning) and HR policies.
· Strong command of English, both spoken and written.
· Strong project management and control techniques, ability to drive and motivate service providers.
· B.A. Degree or higher
· Education background in Civil Engineering or Facility
· Management or Project Management is an advantage but if in other fields, can be offset by a relevant experience in the above.
· Comprehensive knowledge and expertise of building systems.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of real estate disciplines (architecture, construction, space planning, and engineering, project management etc.)
· Sound business knowledge of Citi’s businesses and outside agencies or that of similar multinationals.
· Comprehensive knowledge of and understanding of Finance principles in order to manage the P&L of the assets.
· Knowledgeable of real estate law and related documents (contracts, deeds) coupled with the ability to apply them to complex business situations.