Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
Supports effectively the logistics section of the Procurement department in relation to freight movement of incoming, outgoing consignments on order and also the inventory control related activities. Supports the development of Supply chain management in conjunction with freight forwarders that will ensure that QR Group receives the goods and services within acceptable standards and stipulated time. Implements inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and accuracy. Ensures timely follow-up for space availability with QR Cargo, shipping lines and manage end to end delivery of the consignment in the most timely and economic manner.
- Performs professional procurement and logistics work relating to the freight movements.
- Develops the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital
- Manages and controls perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
- Minimises overstocks and removal of obsolete or redundant raw materials
- Ensures incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Provides routine management information on inventory performance
- Performs cyclic stock checks
- Produces reports as required to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Liaises with internal and external parties including Cargo division and the Outstations to arrange freight movement as per priority
- Ensures that organizational requirement of goods and services are met through an open and fair process of tender
- Incumbent shall be familiar with the local import and export laws of GCC and the port of destination/origin
- Ensures the departmental records, necessary for complying with audit requirements are in order
- Supports the selection committees in deliberations to assure proper procedures are followed consistently within established law and policy
- Negotiates with suppliers on the specifications so as to get the best possible solution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required.
- Should have 5 or more years of professional experience in logistics and freight forwarder company (Air, land and sea) in a multicultural environment with a rich mix of supply partner preferably in the Airline industry.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate