Job Description - Vice President, Financial Crime Risk Assurance - Financial Crime Risk (0000CKVU)
Vice President, Financial Crime Risk Assurance - Financial Crime Risk : 0000CKVU
Some careers have more impact than others. If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Financial Crime Risk is a Global Function that brings together all areas of financial crime risk management at HSBC and is dedicated to implementing the most effective global standards to combat financial crime. The function has been set up in a way that enables us to build on our achievements in managing financial crime risk effectively across the bank and continue to strengthen financial crime detection, anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption compliance. We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Vice President, Financial Crime Risk Assurance. Principal responsibilities
- Ensure local monitoring activities are in accordance with Global monitoring policies and conducted as a second line of defence.
- Ensure local monitoring activities provide adequate coverage of the key regulatory risks, liaising with Global Compliance teams
- Ensure monitoring activities remain independent.
- Foster a close working relationship with key stakeholders in the region and in the country
- Manage to the preparation of Compliance Risk Assessments, drawing on the experience and knowledge of the Financial Crime Risk team and with the active participation of senior managers in the Business.
- Proactively assist management in identifying and containing compliance risk.
- Monitor changes to Global Standards and process to ensure that the Compliance Monitoring activities are adjusted appropriately
- Assist with liaison with Group Audit, Operational Risk Internal Control and Business Risk Control Managers in relation to Compliance Monitoring matters.
- Good understanding and experience of compliance and or Financial Crime regulations.
- Demonstrate good understanding of AML, CFT, Financial Crime risks, ability to exercise strong judgement in recommending relevant controls and articulate the residual risk against risk appetite.
- A Bachelor degree in business, law, accountancy or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience of control testing gained within a financial services organization or audit/consulting practice.
- Awareness of good risk management and governance frameworks including 3 lines of defence model.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to engage with senior HSBC staff within the functions.
- Ability to foster relationships whilst providing adequate challenge and effecting change .
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate complex regulatory issues in writing.
- Proven team player with an open communication style.
- An accredidation in Anti Money Laundering from International Compliance Association or Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist or equivalent is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Legal & Compliance
: Asia Pacific-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 19-Feb-2019, 17:18:13
: 26-Feb-2019, 23:59:00