Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Manager, Regulatory & Business Assurance
The Manager, Regulatory & Business Assurance is a key leadership position on this global centre of excellence responsible for regulatory compliance monitoring for World Service. The Manager manages a large team of professionals who monitor World Service processes for regulatory compliance adherence. In addition to managing the existing program, the Manager will also be responsible for ensuring the program evolves to keep pace with changing regulatory requirements. The scope of the role encompasses partnering with leaders across World Service, Compliance, Operational Risk, and Internal Audit. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Effectively manage a team of 3 direct reports in Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo & Taipei who oversee testing for most JAPA markets. Testing will include monitoring calls, transactions, and other communications for multiple markets and processes.
- Ensure reports are created which are accurate, timely & insightful for World Service partners
- Maintain expertise in market regulations and related tests
- Develop new tests, as needed
- Serve as the day to day interface with Compliance Officers
- Draw upon internal data and insight to key drivers of errors to inform strategies and decision making
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services.
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 8 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following: Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold) Best In House Contact Center (Gold) Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold) Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold) Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold) Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold) Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold) Join us and you’ll soon see why. Qualifications
- The Regulatory & Business Assurance team is a passionate & dedicated team.
- The successful candidate must be able to match & build on the existing passion and dedication.
- This role requires a leader who truly believes in the value of the monitoring program to drive improvement for World Service.
- Experience managing teams - people leadership is a key requirement of the role
- Effectively balance potentially competing demands to always find the optimal solution for World Service
- Ability to hire talent, coach and develop individuals
- Ability to work effectively with global teams and other business units
- A structured approach to managing a team, delivering against deadlines and managing multiple tasks
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Understand basic consumer protection/banking regulations and laws
- Understand compliance and World Service processes/customer service
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform in fast paced changing environment
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external needs specific to compliance, privacy and general regulatory and policy requirements
- Positive attitude and flexibility to deal with and drive change