This position is to ensure that relevant Frankfurt Legal Vehicles have a sustainable Market Conformity Control Process. The primary role of a Market Conformity Control (MCC) Team is to ensure that trades at non-conforming prices are properly investigated and escalated to mitigate operational, regulatory, reputational and other risks.
The individual will be responsible for establishing and overseeing a compliant and sustainable MCC process; improving and executing controls to manage technology and process risks; reporting trends to Management; and for providing Change resources with subject matter expertise on market conformity processes and applicable rules.
• The position resides ICG OandT Control and Reporting in the Department Operations Reporting Controls (ORC)
• The individual will report regularly to the ORC Senior Manager in London to ensure transparency of BAU process (including issues)
• This position will cover the Market Conformity relevant legal vehicles located in Germany
• The individual will work with the Frankfurt Market Conformity BAU team; project resources; Risk; Compliance; Product Control and the Business.
• Embed new BAU market conformity processes for CGME trading activity; train the team as needed
• Manage a team to ensure consistent and timely execution of BAU processes (i.e. market conformity checks, follow-ups with the Business, and escalation of breaches)
• Improve and execute controls to manage technology and process risks associated with the market conformity processes
• Facilitate communication and relationships with the Business and Product Control for investigation of potentially non-conforming trades
• Review and approve breaches / pricing exceptions on a daily basis as escalated by the team
• Provide periodic reports to senior management and stakeholders (e.g. Risk, German Board, Operational Risk)
• Provide periodic reports to senior management and stakeholders to ensure awareness of BAU statistics, relevant trends and risks
• Maintain BAU documentation (e.g. procedures) to accurately reflect process and governance
• Analyze / review price comparison tolerances for periodic (e.g. annual) discussion with and approval from Risk and the German Board
• Facilitate internal and external Audit requests pertaining to the BAU market conformity process (e.g. collation of relevant documentation; cross-functional coordination)
• Provide Change resources with subject matter expertise on market conformity process and rules, as well as suggest improvements based on BAU trends and observations
• Report regularly to Management to ensure transparency of BAU process (including issues)
• ICG OandT Controls and Reporting has over 1.100 members of staff.
• ICG Frankfurt has over 400 members of staff.
• There is further potential for the individual to progress within ICG organisation as well as within ICG Operations and Technology.
• Exposure to cross-functional teams in various global locations
• University degree or other equivalent financial or analytics background. Trading experience or strong knowledge of trading products as outlined below.
• Fluent in written and spoken English. German skills would be useful but is not a requirement.
• Strong knowledge of financial markets prod-ucts (e.g. Warrants, Equities, FX, Money Mar-ket and OTC Option Products, Credits, Rates, Commodities, Spread Products, Multi Asset Products, Investor Services, Lending, Rates etc. )
• Goal-oriented, proactive, and welcomes new challenges
• Self-starting individual with high competency to follow through when facing obstacles; problem-solving mentality
• Possesses the interpersonal skills necessary to work in a team environment, manage difficult issues and conflicts
• Performs under pressure and work to meet deadlines
• Able to work cross-functionality in a complex, matrixed organization; team player
• High attention to detail
• Analytical mindset to identify trends and im-provement opportunities; ability to propose and execute solutions to issues
• Able to organize own and team’s work to effec-tively manage competing priorities and dead-lines
• Flexible and adaptable approach to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• Able to take responsibility and work inde-pendently
• 8 years financial services experience, with focus on Management and Controls
• General knowledge of the European Securities Market and /or foreign markets and associated products
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
• The resource must have expertise in market valuations, market conformity or product con-trol experience in illiquid products (e.g. OTC derivative products) at a large bank.
• Fluent English and German knowledge (written and spoken)
• Technical skills (desktop applications/Citi Appli-cations / Maintenance of a Database)
• Ability to analyze data to understand key trends and issues, as well as root causes
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Location:||Germany Hedmark Frankfurt am Main|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.