Citi is a leading global bank, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve various clients of multiple background and origins. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where we promote individuals based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of nearly 2000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management, ethics and culture, and the internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
This role will contribute to the scoping and execution of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Consent Order Validation coverage in accordance with established Internal Audit (IA) methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other issue validation audits.
Functional knowledge of regulatory compliance and AML programs in place to comply with the U.S. and in-country regulations is a requirement. This includes transaction monitoring systems, provisions and guidelines established by the US Treasury Department and other regulatory agencies as related to prohibited activities, money laundering and financing of terrorism, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activities and operations.
• The candidate must have strong a detailed understanding of the AML investigations and KYC processes with transaction monitoring skills a plus. This includes alert analysis, case investigations, actimize system, and alert Risk Scoring for investigations. For KYC this includes CIP, CDD and EDD, periodic customer reviews, and have familiarity with available tools in the marketplace. For transaction monitoring, SAS coding, SQL, threshold setting in an AML transaction monitoring environment, scenario and threshold optimization using quantitative analysis and Mantas.
Further the candidate much have knowledge of regulatory requirements, related risks and controls, demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution.
• Delivers on time high quality testing for AML (KYC, Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions, Investigations, etc.) Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Participate in complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
• Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high-risk areas including: project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
• Interacts with regulators on a frequent basis
• Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation their impact to the overall control environment and the audit approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and document audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Experience in a related role (minimum of six years’ experience) with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding Internal Audit, with emphasis in AML, including AML Topics such as: AML programs, CDD, KYC, transaction monitoring disciplines, such as scenario development, alert analysis, optimization and segmentation, AML investigations and SAR decisions, plus Risk Assessments and Sanctions.
• SAS coding, knowledge of SQL, experience in working with threshold setting in an AML transaction-monitoring environment, scenario / threshold optimization using quantitative analysis and Mantas.
• Understanding of AML Alert analysis, Case investigations, Actimize system and Alert Risk Scoring.
• Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix-reporting environment.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.