GF CSIS APAC Cyber Investigations Director-19008186
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi’s Chief Security and Information Security Officers have partnered to create and establish a Cyber Security Fusion Center (CSFC) where information security, cyber investigations, security operations, computer forensics teams, and other related teams, come together to create horizontal continuity to improve the velocity of our understanding and response to emerging cyber threats, incident response, and cyber investigations.
This position will report to Citi’s ASPAC Regional Head of CSIS as well as Global Head of Cyber Investigations. In support of CSIS’s Cyber Investigations Program, and the partnership with the Cyber Security Fusion Center, the incumbent will lead and manage all major cyber investigations, to include the initial incident response efforts.
This position will also support in the development of policies and procedures governing the CSIS Cyber Global Program, and perform strategic reviews of new technologies and methodologies to ensure that the program remains, properly equipped and trained against current and emerging cyber threats.
- Lead Director for ASPAC major CSFC Facilitated Cyber Incident Response and Cyber Investigative actions. Directly manage regional Cyber investigations team
- Brief senior managers including the Citi Chief Security Officer, the Chief Information Security Officer, Global Head of Cyber Investigations and other senior leaders related to significant on-going investigations and incident response activities
- Maintain and execute the strategy governing major cyber incident response and computer forensics
- Provide strategy, direction, and prioritization of the CSIS Cyber program and staff
- Represent CSIS as the senior manager for high profile client visits to the CSFC
- Maintain and develop strategic relationships and partnerships with Global Audit and Risk to ensure a data driven model / intelligence lifecycle where the extraction of systemic risks and control failures takes place from the response and investigative efforts
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience focused on cybersecurity and managing a technical professional team
- Direct experience leading teams and large scale cyber incident response and cyber-related investigations. Specialization in dealing with zero day events where commercial signature based solutions may be ineffective and more manual methods are required
- Deep knowledge of the cyber threat landscape, emerging cyber threats, and cyber-attack frameworks
- Proven record of being able to prepare and deliver both strategic and tactical briefing of highly technical matters to senior leadership and board members
- Proven record of being able to lead and supervise the creation of complex written reports for external parties like financial regulators, law enforcement, attorneys
- Experience in policy development, implementation, and training
- International work experience/travel or experience working as part of a globally dispersed team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Digital Forensics Sciences, or IT related fields. Master’s degree preferred
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated history of solution focused leadership with an emphasis on adaptive strategies to ensure constant evolution of skills and technology
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical abilities. High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources. Intellectual curiosity, innovative mind-set and a passion to drive results
- Senior level experience at both direct and influential leadership roles relevant to technology and cyber security / incident response.
- Proven track record of developing managers and creating high preforming teams and managing multi-disciplinary global cyber security / cyber response programs
- Recognized as an industry expert through academic achievements, publications, teaching / conference leadership roles
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, through all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify risk, notify stakeholders, and inform leadership of the risk posed along with courses of action
- Ability to identify, attract and retain talent and to develop diverse teams and drive inclusivity