Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job:
The Senior Manager Maintenance Operations Control Centre (MOCC) is responsible for the overall management and future development of the MOCC, to ensure all maintenance activity is accomplished in a timely manner to the defined QCAA/EASA PART-145 requirements and quality standards required by company procedures.
The Senior Manager will ensure the operation is supported continuously through MOCC for operational dispatch reliability minimizing or avoiding disruptions to the commercial schedule. It is also to ensure the operational window is protected through oversight of maintenance activities, management of deferred defects, and to escalate operationally restrictive discrepancies to concerned sectional heads to ensure efficient liaison with the Intergrated Operations Centre (IOC) Management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuous monitoring of fleet maintenance standards to achieve or surpass on time performance
- To develop and enhance processes and procedures to effectively contribute to improved aircraft availability.
- To oversee all the appropriate legislative and company procedures are adhered to in order to ensure that the company remains compliant and airworthy.
- To ensure ‘day of’ potential and real operational disruptions are communicated accordingly to the airline through IOC management, managing all outstation AOG and delay events facilitating rapid recovery and communication through verbal and formal reporting processes.
- Responsible for oversight of all maintenance activities with a potential to effect operations and escalate the discrepancies to concerned sectional heads for corrective actions
- Have oversight of deferred and repetitive defects which have the potential to effect operations and escalate the same to concerned fleet management for corrective actions
- Track and monitor all serviceability aspects across the entire fleet on a routine basis analyzing and implementing corrective actions which will enable the operation to effectively utilize available ground time, ensuring a high standard of maintenance utilization of aircraft. .
- Liaise with relevant internal and external sections/departments developing plans to address defects as required maintaining the integrity of the corporate schedule.
- Manage and develop training program for staff to meet the current and future requirements in maintenance.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
You must have relevant College or University qualification to minimum Bachelor’s level with sound Aeronautical and Airline background with detailed knowledge of modern aircraft and engine systems. Degree/Diploma in Management and B1 or B2 EASA/QCAA licence with commercial aircraft approvals is preferred.
You are required to have a minimum 10 years of job related experience with 7 years in a maintenance backround in a supervisory role with previous experience in an operational support role.
In addition you will have the following job specific skills:
- Ability to plan and prioritise sequential completion of task and process for effective time management and revenue loss.
- Work under high pressure environment and high volume of activities 24 x 7
- High level of operational and tactical decision making
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate