Our Card Members expect the best – personalized, VIP treatment, which is delivered consistently. At American Express, we strive to provide the ultimate experience in service – meeting the unique needs of our members and exceeding their expectations in every interaction.
As a team leader who has passion in delivering extraordinary service and demonstrates leadership ability to inspire their team to drive exceptional business results, the role is to coach a team of highly skilled and motivated Customer Care Professionals (CCPs). As an inspiring coach, the team leader will set team and individual performance goals and use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results. They will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, and will provide consistent and ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels, other than also being an entrepreneur who is an advocate and supporter for both their colleagues and their customers. They thrive in ambiguity and constantly strive for continuous improvement. They are intellectually curious, constantly seeking information about their team, the business, the industry, and share a passion for growth and knowledge with their teams and peers. The team leader is responsible and accountable for delivering operational effectiveness and excellence.
This position operates in a night shift environment, saving the day while the rest of the region is fast asleep.
- Motivate, Collaborate and Inspire
- Deliver tailored, inspirational and effective coaching to CCPs.
- Hold regular sessions to observe individual performance and provide honest and actionable feedback through one-on-one sessions.
- Inspire and motivate team members to have a passion to serve.
- Create an environment in which colleagues feel their contributions are valued in extraordinary customer service.
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help colleagues maximize their performance.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and colleague satisfaction.
- Participate in the selection, training and development of high performing and highly engaged team members.
- Lead and maintain colleague satisfaction and engagement by using available reward and recognition tools.
- Lead by example, promoting Blue Box Values, behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment.
- Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar’ and drive continuous improvement.
- Build talent pipeline by identifying colleagues with high potential for succession planning and coaching.
- Follow up on requests by leaders, peers and direct reports consistently.
- Encourage team members to own first resolution of service issues and provide the necessary coaching.
- Encourage risk-taking and empowerment within the agreed process and standards to address customer needs.
- Analyze, Communicate and Innovate
- Analyze metrics and any issues that could affect achievement of service levels immediately.
- Analyze performance management data, and identify opportunities to further drive customer satisfaction, service levels, sales point rate, average handling time, profitability, schedule adherence, etc.
- Monitor customer servicing calls, and identifying opportunities to ensure flawless servicing.
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services.
- Ensure compliance for all processes and policies.
- Analyze skills and abilities to identify individual strengths and opportunities to develop action plans.
- Plan, and prepare for daily coaching activities to develop and motivate individuals.
- Continually develop skills required for leadership effectiveness, and seek opportunities to learn from peers.
- Communicate current state of the business regularly and help the team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
- Foster open communication by conducting regular meaningful team meetings/huddles to share success and challenges.
- Use communication and role modeling to ensure all team members understand clearly what behaviors are required to provide extraordinary customer care.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 8 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following: Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold) Best In House Contact Center (Gold) Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold) Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold) Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold) Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold) Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold) Join us and you’ll soon see why. Qualifications
- A natural and inspirational coach - a proven motivator of people
- A passion for, and experience in the delivery of premium customer service
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrate superior communication/interpersonal skills
- Effective mediator
- Creative and dynamic thinker
- Proven ability to drive improvements in team performance
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- People leadership experience
- Experience in an international contact centre environment
- Willing to work permanent Night Shift (9pm-6am)