Job Description - IT Project Officer -Telecommunications (00009S4C)
IT Project Officer -Telecommunications : 00009S4C
Some careers grow faster than others. If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. Within HSBC Technology and Services, IT Infrastructure Delivery is seen as an enabler for the business, providing quality services that are always available using innovative technologies that will ensure HSBC remain at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, customised banking systems. Services are provided through a catalogue of standard products that provide excellent quality, delivered on time and are competitively priced to meet both the current and future IT challenges facing the Group. We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of IT Project Officer -Telecommunications (GCB 6) Role Purpose Provide and support Telecommunications services under the various HSBC Group Telecoms domains to HBMY and other local entities located in Malaysia Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Telecoms services are provisioned to internal customers with the highest availability and quality;
- Comply with guidelines in the IT FIM
- Support the Manager Telecoms to ensure group technology superstacks are implemented.
- To keep all Telecoms hardware and software up to date with the latest group certified version.
- Plan, manage and monitor resources for daily operations of all Telecoms services in supporting the business, implementing quality and innovative services to achieve continuous improvement in operating efficiencies and reduction in unit cost.
- Maintain high network availability, ensuring effective escalation of critical exceptions to minimize service interruptions, continuous support is given to both internal and external parties to achieve maximum service;
- Coordinate with service providers e.g. telcos, IT equipment/software vendors.
- Effectively track, monitor and manage the service quality and turnaround time of IT service providers ensuring that their service quality are consistent, meet SLA and match the high standard of service provided by the Bank;
- Support Manager Telecoms and, in his absence, Assistant IT Project Manager ;
- Adhere to instructions in performing in the daily operations and support tasks.
- Comply with various checks and controls guidelines to reduce operational risk and ensure observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors & external regulators.
- Ensure awareness of IT FIM, SOX, BNM compliance requirements & implementation of Group Compliance Policy;
- Identify deviations from approved procedures and recommending improvements/modifications and executing remedial actions where necessary.
- Contribute to the overall Bank strategy on quality management, control and productivity. Manage operational costs/overheads without compromising security, risks and financial loses, generate ideas to streamline and improve workflow for greater efficiency and productivity. To ensure that capacity plans are reviewed regularly to support business growth
- Typically educated to a degree level, within IT with relevant industry experience
- 1-3 years experinece in sound technical troubleshooting and analytical skills in Telecommunications;
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate on complex issues with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
- Understanding of business finance and experience of effective managment of budgets and expenditure;
- Comprehensive understanding of banking in context of wider industry trends and direction;
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com.my/careers HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Bhd.
: Information Technology
: Asia Pacific-Malaysia-Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Lumpur
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Mar-2019, 09:41:09
: 31-Mar-2019, 23:59:00