Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) is an integral part of Citi’s Institutional Client Group (ICG), servicing public sector clients, corporates and financial institutions in over 120 countries. TTS services clients globally, handling 135 currencies and processing daily operations for 88% of Global Fortune 500 companies with 24 languages available on our online banking platform. It's no wonder Technology is a critical component in our client centric business and we are looking for you to join our TTS Production Services management team to lead our Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) support function.
As the regional support manager, you will be responsible for 250+ TTS applications servicing our TTS business functions including accountability for all global TTS application support during EMEA operating hours.
You will lead a group of level 2 Production Support staff members based in multiple countries within the region including onshore, nearshore and offshore locations. The regional team provides production support functions for Global Payments, Receivables, Commercial Cards, Electronic Banking, Information Management Shared Services, Core Banking, Trade and Liquidity services.
Your management focus will include senior management escalation and communication on major incidents, reviewing and provide governance on application enhancements and implementations and coordinating and leading special handling arising from scheduled and unscheduled events happening across the 52 countries impacting the TTS EMEA production estate or globally during follow the sun support hours.
Key Responsibilities and Performance
· Embrace a client-centric mindset; accountable for the delivery of high quality production services across technical areas; driving stability initiatives and overall ICG Must Win Battles (MWBs)
· Setting strategic direction for TTS Production Services within the EMEA region and influencing the wider ICG & TTS strategy through decisions that will protect and improve the Citi franchise
· Main focus areas will include driving stability and quality improvements of support services in line with regional strategy and overall MWB minimum standards.
· Own service requirements, performance, and delivery ensuring that application improvements are operated, and handled in-line with established service levels and minimum operating standards
· Work in a dynamic environment, ensuring high severity incidents are handled with appropriate urgency through effective communication and partnership
· Provide end-to-end support of the business within expected scope, cost and timeframe, while meeting business requirements
· Lead all production technology and resources in EMEA including budget, resource, hiring and all aspects of staff management.
· Represent TTS EMEA technology to give final approval for infrastructure changes impacting multiple TTS EMEA applications
· Attend and respond to compliance, audit or outsourcing matters related to production support.
Key Partner Management and People Responsibilities
· Apply a comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to define and drive strategies that meet current and future business demand through service improvements
· Liaise between various infrastructure, application technology and product teams and businesses to provide direction and support on goals and key initiatives
· Resilience in handling high-stress situations when they arise, acting as a leader for the team and setting a high standard for execution and problem resolution
· Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
· Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
The Successful Candidate:
· Has a recognizable area of technical competence, applying subject domain knowledge to meet organizational need/guide actions. Keeps up with current and possible future technological developments in the field.
· Finds the balance between short-term financial gains and strategic intent.
· Experienced in leading and crafting a diverse team to accomplish a difficult task and/or handle a high-stakes business issue/s. Establishes organization support (strong relationships with leaders, sponsors and partners).
· In fast changing and unpredictable situations is able to effectively take action on challenges. Establishes clear responsibilities and process for monitoring and measuring results.
· Draws upon multiple and diverse sources (individuals, disciplines, knowledge sources) for ideas and inspiration. Thinks expansively, combining ideas in unique ways or makes connections between disparate ideas. Targets important areas for innovation and develops solutions that address meaningful work issues.Engage with teams across multiple functions to drive wider ICG Production Support initiatives and must win battles.
Skill / Experience Levels:
· The ability to effectively deliver on client and senior leadership expectations through influence and a keen understanding of business dynamics implementing strategic initiatives where needed
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with multiple partners including infrastructure and supporting technology groups across varying technologies.
· Self-starter with problem solving experience and ability to structure, plan, and execute strategic initiatives with the right project discipline
· ITIL service management practitioner with strong knowledge and experience in the area of Incident, Release, Change and Problem Management.
· Experience in leading staff in an application Production Support or Operations group in a global high availability / high-demand environment.
· Experience with Unix/Linux and/or Windows server operating environments will be preferred
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer