Compliance Product Director Finance
More jobs by this advertiser
Compliance Product Director Finance-19009942
Description About Citi:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as a senior Finance function (including Treasury) compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and delivery of a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the needs of the Finance function in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
• Providing compliance coverage to the Finance function. Provides compliance guidance on rules and regulations applicable to the Finance function relating to operational issues, transactional approvals and the application of internal compliance policies for day-to-day activities.
• Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Developing, attracting, and retaining talent; recommending staffing levels required to carry out the unit’s role and responsibilities effectively while establishing and adhering to talent management processes and compensation and performance management programs. Mentoring and developing junior staff.
• Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Finance’s products and geographies; provides direction and guidance on the programs.
• Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
• Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other stakeholders. Provides advice to the Finance function on an ongoing basis on new initiatives, new products, acquisitions, and client-related matters with respect to applicability of policies, resolution of potential red flags or other client/transaction-related compliance escalations.
• Representing Citi on critical regulatory matters as required. Serves as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical Compliance issues and oversees the implementation of related remediation. Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the Finance function.
• Supporting the Finance function in performing timely compliance reviews of new transactions and/or products.
• Managing ICRM initiatives as required, such as the implementation of new Compliance systems, controls, and related project management work efforts.
• Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the Finance function.
• Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws, regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the Finance function.
• Analyzing and scoping the impact including applicability of new and complex regulatory developments across the Finance function, including cross-border impact.
• Assisting in the establishment of ICRM policies, procedures and controls to comply with these new or changed laws and regulations.
• Participating in industry groups and trade association working groups or other forums.
• Participate and support the CRM framework as it relates to legal entity management and governance.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s degree; 10+ years experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services industry, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of the laws and regulations related to the Finance function, previous experience managing a diverse staff
Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA, CPA, CFA, CA); BS degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
• Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
• Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
• Significant knowledge of and expertise in the laws, rules, and regulations relating to Finance (including those relating to Regulation YY, Regulation WW, Regulation D, and the expectations arising from Resolution Planning), and appropriate controls
• Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance programs
• Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
• Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across the Finance function
• Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
• Ability to challenge the Finance function management and escalate issues when appropriate
• Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
• Comfortable navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
• Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
• Subject matter expertise in Finance and or Treasury EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.