American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations. Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with commercial clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through a proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. Main Responsibilities The Director of the Managers of Account Development is responsible for leading a team managing some of our largest Commercial SME clients to inspire spend and increase loyalty. Each team member engages clients in their portfolio to drive growth, retain spend and provide an unparalleled client experience. This is a great opportunity to lead a high-performing & dynamic team and will require sales aptitude, previous leadership experience, and a diverse, high-energy skill set.
- Lead Managers of Account Development team to deliver against growth and retention portfolio objectives
- Provide team with leadership and development opportunities
- Drive thought leadership on strategic initiatives to deliver results
- Consult and collaborate with key partners to drive performance, profitability and sales engagement
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities that will enhance productivity and results
- Lead end-to-end change management initiatives to support business goal achievement
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Enterprise mindset and enhanced collaboration skills to drive critical partnerships and deliver against strategic initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years direct leadership experience leading large teams of exempt professionals.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize data from multiple sources and transform into targeted portfolio strategies
- Consistent track record of managing performance, coaching and motivating for success and identification of development strengths and opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across cross-functional lines and to influence both formal and informal leaders across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate strength in leading and developing teams and facilitating change management.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to tailor a message to a diverse set of audiences (employee, business partners, senior management).
- Proven strategic and creative thinker with proven ability to manage details..
- Strong consultative sales skills.
- Understanding of GCP and Business products
- Working knowledge of American Express systems (CLIC, Salesforce.com, CRO tool, MYSU, IMS, CAS, PC automation, @work, CRO, FDS, Merchantforce.com, Roadmap, NICE)
"Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”