Due Diligence Analyst-19010256
Global KYC is an AML/KYC support and control function which supports the Institutional Clients Group responsible for the preparation, development, due diligence and approval of the FCB (Foreign Correspondent Bank) KYC Record and associated documentation in partnership with Relationship Management and KDG (KYC Documentation Group).
The job of Due Diligence Analyst focuses primarily on ensuring timely and effective KYC Record processing for the Foreign Correspondent Bank records
Every new and existing client of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group is required to have an FCB KYC Record before an account can be opened. The KYC Record outlines important information about the customer.
There is a requirement to conduct research for company information from both internal and external sources, documenting specifics required to satisfy regulations. There are differing requirements depending on where the account is being opened. There is a constant need for KYC Record review as there are periodic renewals of the required due diligence carried out based on the risk of the client.
Global KYC owns the end to end KYC process from creation/renewal to approval of the KYC Record and supporting local country appendices.
- Create the KYC Record in the KYC system sourcing information from internal and external sources by the agreed deadline
- Work closely with the PTR team (Periodic Transaction Review) to ensure timely completion for records. There is also an expectation for the DDA to understand the PTR in detail for their assigned records
- Work closely with the AMLPA (AML Programme Assessment) analyst to ensure timely completion of the AMLPA. There is an expectation that the DDA reads, understands and ensures the information within the AMLPA is consistent with the FCB KYC Record
- Read, understand and ensure the AMLRS (AML Risk Summary) provided by the KYC Owner is a thorough document which compliments and is consistent with the KYC record
- Proactively interact with relationship management teams and REM (Risk Evaluation Management to update system with information until final approval of KYC Record
- Review information from internal and external sources for company news (Firm website, Regulatory websites, Company website, Lexis Nexis, Bankers Almanac Google etc.)
- Validate the information within the KYC Record and CIP document to ensure completeness and accuracy (Company/Entity Formation documents, Ownership, Management, etc.)
- Complete KYC Record incorporating local regulatory requirements / Global KYC Standards and policies
- Take responsibility for KYC Record and associated documentation completion from initiation to approval prior to expiry to ensure successful completion and adherence to regulatory deliverables
- Maintain KWT (KYC Working tool) current and be able to demonstrate work carried out
- Report workflow progress to supervisor
- Meet agreed daily targets for KYC Record review and completion within agreed Service Level Agreement time frames
- Update workflow database regularly throughout the day
- Highlight any discrepancies to Cluster Leads, Regional Head and KYC Owners
- Escalate any negative news and high risk cases to RM/PAM, Cluster and Regional Lead
- Assist in departmental projects as required
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the due diligence and record creation in the ensuring highest level of KYC Record quality
- Act as the country coordinator – a) coordinate periodic country calls; b) liaise with local country compliance and REM; c) be the primary contact for country management for KYC related matters
- Address feedback from Cluster Lead to ensure continuous performance improvement
- Ensure initiation email is sent 120/90 days from expiry and followed up on as per the prescribed guidelines
- Proactively interact via phone/email/IM with relationship management teams and compliance to update system with information
- Develop strong working relationships with the RM to support business
- Research and collate additional relevant information from internal and external sources to complete KYC Records
- Validate the information within the KYC Record to ensure completeness and accuracy (Company/Entity Formation, Ownership, Management, etc.)
- Perform name screening of entity, directors, beneficial owners, etc. and its disambiguation, as appropriate to client type
- Complete KYC Record Appendix as per local regulatory requirements
- Meet agreed daily targets for KYC Record completion, quality, productivity and customer service
- Highlight any discrepancies to Cluster Lead and work with the RM, REM, and EDD and FIU (as applicable) to resolve
- Escalate any negative news and high risk cases to RM/REM/EDD
- Conduct, validate and rule out Citi Screening searches or escalate to Cluster Lead
- Follow expediter process flow and escalate to Cluster Lead, wherever applicable
- Monitor their pipeline of work daily (e.g. coming due) and ensure actioned as per agreed timelines
- Regularly keep Cluster Leads informed of all significant updates through morning huddles, email etc.
- Update KWT/FCB database daily and report progress to supervisor
- Accurate time tracking
- Extensive years experience in banking, finance or law
- Experience in control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function (an advantage)
- Knowledge and experience of the technologies and processes used in Citi
- Knowledge of local regulatory KYC/AML requirements
- Proficient use of Microsoft Applications ( Word, Excel, Access)
- Languages : Fluent English
- Other languages an advantage (French, Arabic)
- Proficient use of KYC applications ( an advantage)
- University degree in Law, Business/Finance, Math, Economics.
- Customer Services orientated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships
- Strong research skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight time frames
- Strong computer skills
- MIS and metrics and efficiency analysis skills
- Good organizational skills
- Pro-active, flexible, have good organizational skills and must be team player.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer