About this role: The role has a leadership responsibility within the Work Safety and Wellbeing unit, works in conjunction with the Health and Injury Management team, as well as the Wellbeing, Ergonomics and Occupational Violence specialists and consults with a diverse range of WMH stakeholders. In addition, the role is required to manage staff and undertake a mentoring function in the wider team. About you
Your success in this role will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘About this role', the ideal person for this role will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic work safety and wellbeing frameworks, including developing policies, systems, processes, and monitoring of programs in a large complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying legislation, standards and policies relevant to workplace health and safety including the ability to translate and implement information, prepare written reports, deal with challenges creatively and pragmatically and achieve business and client focussed solutions.
- Proven effectiveness in coaching and developing capability of staff, managers and supervisors, particularly in the area of workplace health and safety, by fostering a performance based and client focussed work culture.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise competing demands and achieve results within a client focused approach.
- Proven analytical and evaluation skills including the ability to integrate workplace health and safety initiatives with the broader work safety and wellbeing frameworks and management system that results in sustainable, flexible and client focussed solutions.
- Extensive high-level experience in the delivery of complex investigation, audits, reviews, advice, across a wide range of Health Sector related workplace health and safety issues and risks with a record of effective application and in achieving the best business and client based outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, evidenced by the ability to engage, consult and collaborate, facilitate work groups, work in a multidisciplinary environment and maintain effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders.
To apply you will need to download and read the role description and information packages, please provide your CV or resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role, taking into account the key accountabilities of the role.