Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Manager – Term Loans within the Global Commercial Solutions team.
The American Express Global Commercial Solutions (GCS) is the leading issuer of commercial payment solutions to small, medium and large businesses globally, and is one of the fastest growing business units at American Express. Therefore, it’s an exciting time in GCS Marketing as we are focused on acquiring customers across the small, medium and large segments to capture the growth opportunity available.
The Prospect Marketing team is responsible for acquiring customer digitally and driving demand generation, by driving E2E acquisition as well as consistently delivering quality warm leads, improving conversion and pipeline velocity, working closely with the GCS Acquisition teams across Australia/New Zealand.
The team embodies a fast paced and dynamic culture, operates nimbly and embraces team work, accountability, flexibility and a will to win attitude.
This position will be responsible for leading the Go-to-Market strategy, implementation, on-going management and measurement of a new Business Financing term loan product to help the cash flow needs for our customers and to drive AR and margin growth for GCS ANZ.
Key features of the role include:
Term Loans acquisition strategy with the objective to:
- Define, develop and implement the Go to Market strategy for the launch of Business Loans for GCS Australia.
- Define, develop and implement the customer journey and engagement strategy with product, risk, compliance/GCO, the partner and marketing.
- Define the sales process with the partner and ensure Amex field teams are trained to execute.
- Define, develop and implement the on-going marketing strategy to acquire customers on the loans product.
- Reporting and analysis of acquisition results to optimize and inform future plans
- Significant project management to ensure all activities are delivered on-time and within budget
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Qualifications
The role is varied and the ideal candidate should possess:
- Strategic thinking & effectiveness – ability to interpret business objectives into actionable marketing strategies and think through the end-to-end experience.
- Ability to drive results with a focus on commercial outcomes with demonstrated results. Ensuring that initiatives are measurable, reportable, and provide that reporting in a timely and relevant manner.
- A collaborative style of doing business - ability to influence, gain support, resolve conflict and work in a matrix organisation. In particular drive tight engagement across sales, risk, product & marketing.
- Partnership management – ability to influence and gain support with Product management team in working with the ‘white-label’ partner. Ability to understand and interpret contracts is an advantage.
- Strong channel and budget management experience, including proven ability to deliver on time & within budget.
- Strong analytical and data capabilities - undertake ongoing campaign analysis to monitor marketing channel performance and ROI on investments. As well as deliver regular reporting updates to senior leadership
- B2B marketing experience incorporating all mediums including digital is desirable, but not critical.
- A high personal accountability which leads to strong experience in driving results.
You must be able to work independently and be able to focus & prioritize in times of fast changing priorities. Whilst striving for work life balance, this role will demand some flexibility due to the global nature of the wider marketing team. Importantly, you must be passionate about what you do, proud about what you deliver and be prepared to go the extra mile to make a difference.