Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Relationship Manager role is focused on driving growth within a defined group of existing customers. This is achieved through a consultative selling and financial & Working Capital conversations approach to ensure maximum account penetration and new opportunity identification.
This is primarily a phone based role with some face to face account management.
Key responsibilities include retaining and expanding the existing relationship with a defined portfolio across multiple industries across Australia. Your portfolio will consist of approximately 150 Corporate Card Clients and you will be required to achieve an Billings and Growth target with minimum standards.
Your key focus will be maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, Billings growth and a reduction in attrition. Emphasis is on your ability to maintain the client relationship in and across multiple levels within the client’s organization in order to drive incremental growth.
You will be dealing mostly with C level executives. You will be required to create winning client strategies as well as internal account plans; client business plans and account reviews.
Day to day activities are, but not limited to account reviews, issue resolution and conducting a needs assessments to embed additional American Express products & Digital tools. Additionally, the Account Manager is required to synthesise information from a variety of sources (customer conversation, media, and internal resources) to uncover and convert billings growth opportunities. The Account Manager will also need to demonstrate the ability to account plan, identify risk factors and protect the portfolio against loss.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Qualifications
- Previous relationship management and consultative selling experience
- Ability to influence & grow the business through value added conversations
- Strong pipeline management skills
- Strategic Account Management skills
- Strong Financial Acumen and the ability to have financial conversations on Working Capital and cash flow.
- Ability to respectfully challenge the status-quo & influence without authority
- Ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Account planning and client strategy development skills
- Experience in dealing with C level Executives
- High degree of commercial acumen and Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Thought Leadership & ability to prioritize for success
- Corporate card knowledge an advantage.
- Knowledge & insights into Construction / Retail or IT industry an advantage
- Sales force knowledge and advantage