An opportunity has become available for several Principal House Officers – Obstetrics and Gynaecology to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Providing inpatient and outpatient care by;
o Assessing patients, determining and instigating appropriate investigations;
o Establish management plan for patients in consultation with the consultant;
o Where appropriate, ensure discharge planning commences early in the process of care (inpatients only);
o Communicate assessment findings, proposed management plans and alternatives to patient and carers and seek consent;
o Gather input from appropriate multidisciplinary team for patients ongoing clinical care;
o Continually monitor and review patient progress and adjust the management plan when necessary; and
o Ensure appropriate and timely communication to the General Practitioner, other health care providers and carers to ensure ongoing patient care post hospital stay.
- Attend tutorials, participate and present at grand rounds, attend compulsory courses, and participate in on-the-job training in order to meet college requirements and develop clinical knowledge and skills
- Act as a role model to residents and interns through providing on the job guidance and direction to and become involved in prevocational educational programs
- The ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
o Breadth and currency of clinical exposure and experience across Obstetrics & Gynaecology;
o Engagement with a range of collaborative care obstetric models;
o Professional and Personal development;
o A demonstrable ability to build mutual respectful relationships with peers and other health professionals;
o A high level of respectful communication skills to clients, appropriate to their level of understanding and cultural background.
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or one of the following boards below
- In approved circumstances, eligibility for registration, with conditions, as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), which must be produced at the commencement of employment
- Membership of RANZCOG
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Temporary full time (several positions, 12 months)
- Base salary ranging from $105 377 - $116 066 p.a.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About the Women's Health Service
Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) is a busy tertiary unit with over 5000 obstetric deliveries annually. Training at our institution allows exposure to general obstetrics and gynaecology, advanced laparoscopy and subspecialties including gynaecology oncology, urogynaecology and maternal fetal medicine.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Friday, 29 March 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC305497
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.