Job Description - Head of Staff Digitization (0000CK9B)
Head of Staff Digitization : 0000CK9B
Has full accountability for developing, implementing and ongoing ownership of a cohesive strategy that reflects how customers interact across all channels: digital platforms, on the phone or in the branch. Provides thought leadership and vision to achieve aggressive RBWM Transformation ROIs. Develops strategy and tactics for emerging technology including staff tablets, click to chat, video chat from home or a branch, digital (in-line) teller and online appointment booking, as examples.
Drives continuous migration of transactions from staff channels to self-service.
Works directly with the Heads of the Branch Network, Direct, Contact Center, CVM and Customer Experience to establish, direct and oversee the development and implementation of a Staff Digitization Strategy, which includes sales, onboarding, cross-sell and account retention.
Ensures Staff Digitization local strategy is consistent with Group strategy, as well as defining sales priorities within the RBWM Staff Digitization structure and formulating and implementing Staff Digitization strategic plans.
Impact on the Business
- Evaluate customer journeys by listening to customers and staff; prioritize opportunities and eliminate pain points.
- Lead efforts to optimize Staff Digitization moments of truth to retain relationships, build trust, fulfill service needs and convert sales opportunities.
- Ensure successful US RBWM Transformation Programs including implementation of technology to achieve revenue and cost reduction targets.
- Optimize click to chat, including customer satisfaction, lead conversion, customer journeys, issue resolution, scripting and agent utilization.
- Increase Digital Engagement, Digital Transactions and Servicing through Staff Tablets and staff digitization initiatives; develop functionality and expand commercialization impact of tools
- Streamline Staff Digitization processes to support Contact Center Call
- Avoidance and branch network efficiency targets, including Customer Correspondence
- Provide input to customer acquisition plans to achieve optimal Sales Channel mix to improve profitability. Develop strategies to migrate sales transactions with lower complexity to direct channels.
- Oversee the customer journey across channels in collaboration with channel business heads to ensure a consistent client journey and seamless client experience.
- Leverage and support transformation initiatives including Greenfield, GSP and US RBWM Transformation to execute Staff Digitization strategy
- Implementation of programs on target and within budget
- Meet performance expectations (revenue growth or expense reduction)
Customers / Stakeholders
- Foster and develop a customer-centric ethos, use customer insight to continuously enhance a seamless customer experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention.
- Collaborate with Global function leadership teams, sharing best practices and driving programs locally
- Provide recommendations to RBWM senior leadership in order to enhance wealth and mortgage business growth and market competitiveness as well as expand customer relationships and meet customer needs.
- Provide guidance to RBWM leadership team to ensure effective and sound understanding to specific needs of each channel.
- Develop an expert knowledge of changing customer needs, market trends and competitor activities to influence or adjust channel-related strategic direction accordingly.
- Manage the identification of opportunities to retain and deepen existing customer relationships and increase their profitability through a value exchange based on channel suitability.
- Maintain strong communication links with key partners and stakeholders to support the effective implementation of the RBWM strategic plan in the US.
- Maintain strong partnerships with Direct Team and Heads of Branch
- Network as well as the Business Transformation and Business
- Performance teams to align cost initiatives.
- Customer Satisfaction
Leadership & Teamwork
- Inspire openness to change as technology and customer expectations evolve
- Collaborate with Contact Center leadership to meet KPIs for Click to Chat, Video Chat, and online account opening fulfillment
- Partner with the network to implement technology that support sales and service activities, including Staff Tablets, Express Banking and Digital (In-Line) Tellers
- Work with HOST to secure technology and project management resources for Staff Digitization program execution.
- Build relationships with HOST Service Delivery to realize streamlining opportunities that will improve the customer experience and achieve RBWM Transformation objectives
- With RBWM leaders, drive channel-related projects in response to market changes and opportunities and incorporate innovations in sales and service within the channels, in alignment with industry benchmarks.
- Ensure channel-related strategic initiatives are executed effectively, in line with target segments and that sales objectives are fully aligned across all channels.
- Increase channel competitiveness including functionality, user experience and infrastructure.
- Ensure activities are consistent across channels, with provision of superior customer service and customer-centric approach.
- Develop business goals in conjunction with business heads/Global Function stakeholders to build a profitable and sustainable business where channels are complementary – not competing.
- Ensure Staff Digitization strategic objectives and priorities are fully incorporated into all planning, governance and communication.
- Internal customer satisfaction
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Direct ongoing development of specific plans to increase profitability through alignment of resources to maximize sales and services through Staff Digitization.
- Oversee streamlining of RBWM product and service offerings to align with propositions and evaluate processes and procedures in alignment with strategy to improve business performance.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Meet expense plan
- Ensure projects stay within budget
- Technology support model for new devices (i.e. iPads) to ensure applications are current and secure
- Utilization of bank owned equipment for digital activities, ensuring maximum streamlining efficiency
- Orchestration of various platform integration activities both locally and globally to deliver desired customer experience
- Balancing customer expectations with risk appetite
- This role is a key strategic role in the transformation of RBWM to be a more streamlined digital organization. This transition includes driving customer and employee change with the implementation of new processes and technology.
- The role is also challenged with competing resources and priorities.
- The role has complete authority to make decisions with the approved spending authority and within project accountability.
- Works directly with vendors and HOST to deliver the agreed customer experience and functionality
Management of Risk
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- US RBWM Transformation budget 2015 – 2018 of $22M for projects including Click to Chat, Appointment Booking, e-Signature, Documentation Capture, In-Line Teller and Video Chat
- Supports achievement of AOP for Branch Network, Contact Center and Digital acquisition and service targets
- Increase digital engagement annually through Staff Tablet, increasing revenue and decreasing expenses
- Delivery of Customer Correspondence Direct Expense Saves of $2M annually
- Impact more than 100K customers annually through Click to chat conversations, generating revenue, retaining accounts and reducing expense through call avoidance.
- Make decisions impacting all customer facing staff in Contact Center, Branch Network and Digital
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Minimum of ten years Retail Banking or related experience. Ideal candidate will have experience across channels leading customer facing teams.
- Passion for continually improving the customer experience through technology, people and process.
- Strong collaborator with demonstrated ability to influence decisions and challenge conventional thinking.
- Ability to work through complex issues to identify solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience. MBA Preferred.
- Strong leadership, strategic planning , organizational, decision-making, problem-solving, communications, analytical, interpersonal, motivational, negotiations, project management, sales and team-building skills.
- Sound understanding of HSBC’s customer segments, products offered and the competitive market.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders and credibly interact with senior management.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and effectively influence and communicate across various business lines at senior levels within the organization.
- Excellent working knowledge of management principles across business lines.
- Proven track record of delivering complex programs and projects.
- Broad knowledge of HSBC policies, procedures and risk management frameworks.
- Understanding the RBWM strategy with the ability to collaborate with the business to accomplish this strategy.
- Proven track record of communicating effectively within the organization and with customer groups.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex business and risk requirements.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands, assess trends, make trade-off decisions and build consensus
: Commercial Banking
: North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 15-Mar-2019, 03:48:08
: 29-Mar-2019, 11:59:00