Job Description - Head of Centre Operations-Hyd/COO IT (0000CQ5A)
Head of Centre Operations-Hyd/COO IT : 0000CQ5A
The aim of the role is to ensure that the day-to-day management of the Hyderabad HTI Centre is efficient and effective, enabling Technology to deliver its strategy as an operational unit in an entity. The primary objectives are to ensure there is appropriate control and governance in place, that tasks are carried out and that front line operations are supported and are maintained in accordance with local, state laws and regulations.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
Impact on the Business/Function [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- Provide Site specific expertise to the business managers as well support Center Directors / HTI COO with specific financial/MI inputs for site COO teams and Ops Management
- Participate in the AOP planning process to coordinate and provide site inputs for Support Functions based on local requirements
- Provide effective direction, planning and oversight to COO strategy at site level.
- Costs review & invoice approvals on behalf of COO and ensure the budget is spent prudently and effectively.
- Representing the COO / Center Director at appropriate internal and external forums
- Act as the single point of contact to the Global Business / Global Function Head, representing the Center Director and the COO team
- To provide support in ensuring Site governance meeting business and regulatory requirements in line with capacity planning
- Run communication and human capital initiatives around engagement at a site level to ensure alignment with the COO strategy
- Connect, Communicate and Collaborate with various support teams to ensure the smooth maintenance of the site
- Maintain cost discipline, rationalize and consolidate expenses related to all departments within Support Functions and ensure these are within the approved AOP and stretch targets
- To lead and champion the Technical Manifesto 1.0 within the team and at the center level.
- Meet the stay within the allocated Cost / ROP plans.
- Measured on Cost Vs Plan
- Measurable success of execution of Governance and Efficiency initiatives
- Knowledge development and sharing
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize depending on changing dialogue/demand
Customers / Stakeholders [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- Provide effective direction for other departments as assigned. Responsibilities to be determined may include areas relating to legal, support functions, and any other utility administration
- Act as single point of contact in-between the COO and the Center Director and Coordinate projects/initiatives at site level.
- Support all COO initiatives and ensure implementation in Site if applicable
- Exceptions to policy/norms/Practices are raised with appropriate justification to the defined escalation channels
- Manage all local authorities including fire officers, regulators etc. as required
- Maintain oversight for staff transport and manage any other issues related therewith
- Ensure daily site maintenance is conducted in accordance with group standards and staff feedback related to the same is considered and worked upon
- Liaise with Landlord for any issues related to expat accommodations and in multi tenanted buildings
- Monitor security drills to comply with all building and city regulations
- Liaise with government authorities for smooth and seamless compliance with required statutory and legal requirements
- Monthly Review and Discussions
- Feedback from Stake holders.
- Measured against a score card.
- Relationship to Site Centre Director and GB/GF Heads
- Success factor of global and Business Service/Utility and Regional specific initiatives
Leadership & Teamwork [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- To lead development of local initiatives underpinning any behavioral/ cultural/ leaderships changes required to support the sustainable delivery of change by authentically engaging a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver at pace
- Encourage and enable productive teamwork and matrix working, by demonstrating a collaborative approach and challenging actions and behaviors that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
- To undertake any ad hoc request as required by COO
- Actively drive employee engagement activities and all responsibilities required to undertake such activities at center level.
- Believe in continuous learning and upgrading to stay in line with self and team learning plans and to be able to provide guidance as and when required.
- Work with Centre Directors in managing Senior leadership visits / off sites not only from a logistics point of view , but also in profiling HSDI appropriately
- Build network in the external environment i.e. with associations and understand emerging themes to relay back to the COO organization.
- Feedback from Business manager
- Feedback from Site CD
- Completion of objectives and strategic goals
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction
- Ensure team goals are achieved and engagement levels in team high
- Ensure best in class leadership and leading as example
Operational Effectiveness & Control [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- To abide by the Group Compliance Policy that contains compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes which the business has to apply.
- To execute any Records Management policy or demand including vendor risk management especially where the supplier relationships are with Centre Director or Ops management
- To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the operations, business, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new and embracing technologies
- Liaison Point for external auditors for entity reviews i.e. RBI/PWC
- Ensure FCC (ABC specifically policies ) are integrated into the teams from an entity risk perspective
- To track and resolve issues and highlight recommendations to COO/ Centre Director for corrective action.
- Manage Incidents related to medical emergencies of site staff or any other hospital liaisons required
- Coordinate management of BCP Incidents with Contingency Risk, Travel, CRE and external authorities
- Manage any local incidents involving local authorities or staff or both to satisfactory outcomes ensuring that the organization image is not negatively impacted
- Manage local authority visits effectively with minimum impact to operations
- Assist with issues / requirements related to expats
- Manage any issues related to site logistics and maintenance having a potential impact to functioning of the site
- Close monitoring of local, state laws and regulations pertinent to all functional areas of responsibility and keeping the Centre Directors/ GB/GF heads posted up to date
- Feedback from business manager
- Feedback from Site CD
- Successful implementation of operational design
- Team feedback
- Responsible al compliance with efficiency initiatives, regulatory initiatives, mandatory trainings and other control initiatives
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Maintain a close, continuous and collaborative relationship with the site CRE, IT/Telecom, Communications, Compliance, IT Security, SFR, Account Management and Contingency Risk teams in order to form an effective working relationship and thereby provide efficient and consistent service to the business
- Understand and translate complex business situations into tangible goals and actions
- Translate stakeholder needs to action plan
- Manage complex incidents ranging from employees to regulators and local authorities with required level headedness and as per groups values
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Local Language Knowledge desired
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
The role is a key part of the HTI COO team and is responsible for supporting the Centre Directors in executing the HSDI agenda specially around entity management and engagement
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational / financial Crime risks associated inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of the risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget)
The job holder is authorized to approve all procurement requests pertaining to business needs (for COO and Admin) and as per defined limits.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Must have proven experience in working in a matrix or multi-stakeholder environment.
- Must be able to work with limited direction and high levels of autonomy.
- Must have a strong enabling ethic and demonstrates the ability to support colleagues
- Must actively walk the floor and raise the profile of the organization.
- Must be able to prepare succinct, focused and analytical written communication
- Must have a broad understanding of the technology businesses to be able to provide adequate support
- Experience in Administration and leading large teams is desirable.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills and able to prioritize tasks in the light of value to the business.
- Must be able to manage initiatives and projects.
- Aptitude for authentically engaging a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver at pace
- Strengthen the understanding of risk management by incorporating risk considerations in all activities
- Able to form collaborative working arrangements with peers
: Information Technology
: Asia Pacific-India-Telangana-Hyderabad
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 14-Mar-2019, 14:38:20
: 29-Mar-2019, 07:59:00