Product Control Senior Analyst-XVA Group (Buffalo, NY)-19011676
Description About Citi
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition
explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards
explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. The Finance Division acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Professionals within the division work closely with the management teams of Citigroup's many departments, adding value to the firm's operations through strategic analysis and hands-on participation in planning and in process redesign. The Finance Division consists of Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Accounting Policy and Planning and Analysis. The Controller's area is responsible for a variety of activities related to the Firm's financial reporting and controls. The division is divided into different areas of specialization where each group features a unique set of responsibilities that include both analytical and accounting roles. Currently, the XVA Product Control team is seeking an Assistant Vice President (C12). This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your analytical skills and increase your knowledge in a dynamic and growing product area supporting XVA’s. For this role, the candidate will support analysis, and reporting of CVA for certain derivative businesses. Responsibilities include.
- Support the CVA team via production, analysis, and reporting of Global CVA P&L
- Extensive daily interaction with the CVA trading desks, risk management, and respective Product Control teams will be necessary to resolve issues including but not limited to front to back reconciliations, trade booking issues, billing accuracy
- Support month end closing process and quarterly / annual regulatory disclosures
- Help execute on strategic projects including system development, redesigning and streamlining daily and monthly processes.
Qualifications For this position, we are looking for outstanding talent with strong analytical capabilities and communication skills. Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in any finance, economics or quantitative-related subject
- Strong Excel skills required. Good understanding of Accounting required
- Knowledge of financial products (credit derivative and fixed income product knowledge a plus).
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) applied to "client" situations.
Collaborative work style -- ability to effectively interact with partners across organizational boundaries and hierarchies.
- Effective team player – able to influence others without authority and interact across all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, ability to multi-task productively, and strong result orientation
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.