Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it. Job Description: This is a role that allows you to make a meaningful difference in the lives of customers at a timing that works best for you. You will be there to save the day while the rest of the region is fast asleep.
At the same time, your excellent communication skills, passion to serve, and night owl instincts will develop into something more—a path that gets you to a great career with a world-class global brand.
As a Customer Care Professional, you will bring the American Express Powerful Backing brand to life for a wide range of customers with a variety of requests.
You will build and deepen customers’ relationships with the company as you strive to provide the world’s best customer experience every day, by actively listening with empathy and carefully analyzing the profile of each customer to tailor powerful solutions that get the job done the first time.
With your creativity, commitment, and drive, you will always exceed customers’ expectations and become the reason they say, “That’s why I’m an American Express Card Member.”
Join our Night Shift Team now to deliver value to our customers, without the rush hour traffic.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 7 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following:
Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold)
Best In House Contact Center (Gold)
Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold)
Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold)
Join us and you’ll soon see why. Qualifications
Here are the qualifications we are looking for:
- Previous customer service experience with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, consultative relationship building, resourcefulness and strong written and verbal communication.
- Proven success in a customer service environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced metric-driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a web-based environment.
- Willing to work on night shift.
- Diploma, equivalent or higher.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.