Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job:
In the role of Senior Resource Planning & Real Time Officer, you will be responsible for providing cost efficient planning scenarios to meet operational requirements within Ground Services. You will work closely with Senior Rostering Officer and you will support the Resource Allocators who work on a shift basis. In this role, you will calculate the financial impact of the plans you put in place and carrying out strategic planning to utilise available workforce on a given period and required area, working with the Ground Services Terminal and Duty Managers.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Manage and advise the Resource Allocators on actual / real time staff allocation by ensuring optimum manpower levels are maintained.
- Coordinate with Senior Rostering Officer for long term plans and accordingly performs efficient execution of workforce on the actual / real time requirements.
- Initiate plans for anticipated increase in demand of manpower resources based upon operational requirements and monthly / seasonal flight schedules. Perform regular analysis to determine appropriate staffing levels for process/operational enhancements.
- Provide real time delivery of all operational forecasts, resourcing planning, variance analysis, deviation reporting and historic trended analysis which drives improved performance productivity.
- Understand, develop and utilise resource planning and manpower planning software/ application (Planning and Real Time modules of INFORM system).
- Analysis/enhancement of existing pre-planning and staff allocation systems, preparing business cases related to improvements and related follow up for approvals.
- Collate requirements of operational engagement standards for the required analysis, in order to evaluate multiple scenarios and optimally achieve manpower requirements in line with the department strategy.
- Assess and quantify short/long term risks and opportunities identified through process of analysis of flight schedules forecasted by the business and look for cost savings opportunities.
- Manage crisis management program in event of incident or accident and be fully familiar with the Local Emergency Response Plan through regular trainings.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Perform other department duties related to their position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Qualifications and Experience required:
Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree with 5 years of relevant Airline/Aviation experience including time spent in a management role with significant autonomy. Familiarity with resource planning and rostering management for an extensive workforce is essential.
In addition, required Job Specific Skills include the following:
- Strong command of English language
- Highly energized and passionate about delivering 5 star service experience
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Ability to meet required deadlines and be result oriented.
- Proven to have demonstrated flexibility in meeting the demands of the business unit.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Proven ability for solution-oriented, effective communication with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- High degree of self-motivation and personal enthusiasm.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to operational queries from all QR networks.
- Flexibility with working hours especially during key service disruption periods.
- Preferred - Sound working knowledge of resource planning management and analysis tools e.g. INFORM system
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate