Lead Business Analyst (VP)-19010044
Business Analysis Sr Manager
Citi’s Trade & Treasury Solutions (TTS) is a leading provider of Cash Management, Treasury and Trade Solutions. With a global network spanning more than 100 countries, TTS has a global platform that is unique in the industry for its reach and flexibility. We provide clients with timely, accurate information and dynamic, web-based tools to effectively manage their financial positions, working capital, payment capabilities and view of their financial supply chain.
We are seeking a senior Business Analyst who can also lead a team of data analysts and business analysts who will be responsible for build out enterprise and conformed logical models on Citi's Big Data and GIW platform that houses our TTS products.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Technically astute, well organized, proactive and be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels
- He/she requires exceptional communication skills across both technology and the business and will have a high degree of visibility.
- The candidate must have strong motivation to lead and be successful in their endeavors, great teamwork and team building skills, mentor junior resources and have sound character and interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate will be dependable and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high-pressured environment is essential.
- Overall responsibilities include leading the team of data analysts and business analysts working on creating conformance models on the Vanguard platform across various TTS products.
- Should be able to understand the functional flows, complex calculation logic and data flow across various systems and products within TTS Data & Analytics platform
- Review, analyze, and interpret Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and providing feedback on key functionalities and technical feasibility
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Experience in writing & reviewing functional requirement document specification and data dictionaries to clearly articulate requirements and mapping of data elements to UI elements.
- Being the interface between the Product stake holders and technical team and should be able to bridge any gap related to requirements
- Work with stakeholders for requirement scoping, preparation of product backlog and work with Scrum master / project manager for defining sprint backlogs
- Lead & work as product owner with Scrum teams for various streams and provide valuable inputs to deliver increment releases for given application / product
- Responsible for key process improvements in business analysis space
- Create business model and logical data models for cash management products.
- Reverse engineer the business model for the Cash management products on existing applications.
- Adhere to the requirements processes as well as SDLC to gather, write and maintain FRDs. Conduct FRD walkthroughs for multiple teams (Development, Quality Control, User Acceptance Testing, Training, Market Readiness and Operations) to explain new and enhanced functionality.
- Develop prototypes and Business Use Case Scenarios to facilitate the gathering and documentation of requirements
- Partner with the business and technical teams and create and maintain the Functional design for the various modules in the platform.
- Work with cross functional teams across multiple countries and time zones
- Follow the SDLC process established in the organization and create and maintain all relevant requirements artifacts
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 10+ years overall IT experience in Financial Services with 6+ years’ experience as business analysts or data scientist
- Experience in leading team of business analysts and data scientists would be preferred
- Must have hands-on experience in developing writing, and communicating business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Expertise in creating data models, process flows and sequence diagrams are must.
- Expertise to create and interpret SQL queries and related software (SQL Developer,Toad).
- Experience with Oracle, SQL server, Database concepts, ETL processes, reporting tools .
- Some experience with Hadoop, HDFS. Impala and any other bid data platforms is an asset.
- Experience in Agile methodology as Product Owner in Scrum team would be preferred.
- Knowledge in Project management practices, Software Development Lifecycle, Release, Change and Stakeholder management
- Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation of complex information and data).
- Expert in using the tools like JIRA and any other requirements tracking / traceability tools
- Ability to draft Use Cases, Process Flows, and Activity Diagrams.
- Experience in supporting external clients which includes attending calls, conducting product demos and help triage client issues
- Non-technical knowledge, experience, and skills (leadership, management) is required
- Excellent planning, organization and prioritization skills to meet ever changing demands of delivery stream
- Bachelor’s degree (in Science, Computers, Information Technology or Engineering)
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply