Qatar Aviation Services
Qatar Aviation Services (QAS) is an award winning, premier ground handling organisation whose global headquarter is at Hamad International Airport (HIA), the hub airport of Qatar Airways. Since its establishment in 2000, QAS has developed a reputation as a premium provider of world-class ground services to: international airlines; Heads of State and VVIPs; private fleets and customers; executive charter flights and cargo operators.
The QAS team comprising of over 8,000 strong multicultural employees, is dedicated to fulfilling the total passenger and cargo requirements of the airport, the airlines and customers it serves. This team of highly trained and diversely skilled staff is the reason for QAS outstanding success and their Customer’s satisfaction.About Your Job:
In this role as Airside Operations Duty Manager you will be responsible for planning, monitoring and controlling 24/7 Airside operations and Aircraft appearance activities to deliver high and consistent standard of service, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in deployment of QAS resources to meet the requirement for handling all services and operations including Airside, Aircraft Appearance, Baggage and Transportation, Bus Operations, TRC and Documentation, Ramp and GSE. You will coordinate with QAS management, QR Technical, HIA, authorities, airport agencies and other QAS customer airline(s) for handling exceptional situation(s), ensuring safe on-time performance of all aspects of services in operations.
· Deliver a consistently high standard of operations in line with QR & respective Customer Airline Standard, Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
· Enforce compliance to QAS Safety and Standard QAS & QR Technical Operating Procedures (SOPs) are being followed and instill appropriate disciplinary or corrective action(s) to Department staff and/or procedures after conclusion of an investigation, in the presence of a QAS Human Resources representative if required, pertaining to an incident, accident and/or service lapse. Ensures all services are carried out by rostered staff in shift as per SOP.
· Deliver Airside, Aircraft Appearance, Baggage and Transportation Operations objectives and priorities as per company’s SOPs and, in line with Standard Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements to supports business objectives.
· Liaises and coordinates with other QAS Departments, HIA, DIA, Qatar Airways, airline customers, Local Security and other organizations, all Line Management, Section Officers of other QAS Departments, Turnaround Coordinator (TRC), Centralized Load Control (CLC), and Engineering etc. Airlines and other organizations to ensure the ground handling Service is being carried according to company SOPs, Work Instructions over operational issues. Design and implement corrective actions, efficiency improvements and organizational changes, as directed by management.
· Implement a review and risk assessment process on QAS’ QR Technical SOPs and working practices to identify any unsafe practice for quality improvement.
· Ensure appropriate standards of safety and security are achieved with corporate requirement, government legislation and international best practices at all time.
· Create an Airside Operation that can respond effectively to situations in a real-time environment.
· Introduce best practice operational process, procedures and controls to maximize the efficiency in operation.
· Conduct pre shift meetings with Duty officers and supervisors to discuss shift activities and allocate staff as needed to cover to enhance the resources and timing.
· Implements effective resource management through accurate and detailed forecasting, organizing, planning and allocation in order to deliver operational excellence and on time performance.
· Create reports to provide regular effective Management Information on a whole host of people related areas, ranging from but not limited to Operations, Manpower, Overtime, Attendance, Disciplinary Actions, Departmental budgeting.About You:
To be successful in this role, you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. You must hold minimum 5 years’ experience in Ground handling operations. You must possess strong, decisive and collaborative leadership style.
You will demonstrate the highest standards of integrity, equality and respect. Ability to effectively communicate with clear, concise and consistent messages. You will have experience in leading, managing, inspiring and engaging a large multi-cultural workforce. You should have excellent mentoring and coaching skills with the ability to foster teamwork among team members.Note: you will be required to attach the following: