GF ASEAN Cluster Head and Singapore AMLCO-19015213
Role & Responsibilities
- Regional oversight of countries
- Escalation point for country AML issues that are non-BAU issues (i.e. material issues / issues included in the Dashboard, such as changes in local law, regulatory/internal audit CAP follow-up, staffing issues). BAU issues are responsibility of Sector Head (such as overdue CADDs, NPA’s, monitoring alerts, etc)
- Attend country GBRC,
- Regular one-to-one calls with Country AMLCO.
- Review of AML Dashboard (& ensure only material issues are included).
- Regular briefings to Regional AML Head & Sector Heads.
- Oversee Program and Regulatory Change in country
- Oversee implementation of Policy changes in country. Sector Heads will be responsible for Policy consultation and gap analysis.
- Oversee execution of regulatory or internal audit CAPs in country. Sector Heads will be responsible for consultation / advisory on regulatory reviews / internal audits.
- Approve country deviations / exceptions to Global Policy
- Country AML staffing / Workload management
- Interview all new AML hires
- Escalation point for staffing issues / capacity concerns
- Event Management
- Coordination of action plan for any adhoc material AML event/issue that may escalate in a country, and require regional action.
- Country AMLCO’s support / business awareness
- Provide support when dealing with local business
- Assisting Country AMLCOs with local issues
- The ideal candidate must be a university graduate and have at least 10 years of related experience in Anti-Money Laundering Compliance or control-related function in the financial service industry. Preference will be given to candidates with AML/ Compliance/ Legal/ regulatory / audit background and/or internal candidates who can demonstrate a firm understanding of Citi AML policies and procedures, and an overall appreciation of Citi's AML compliance environment.
- The individual must possess excellent interpersonal and client service skills as well as have the ability to work very closely and confidently within the AML team and with the business. Strong analytical and organizational skills are also necessary. He or she will also need to be able to work autonomously as an effective member of a dynamic team.
Effective communication, both written and oral, is crucial to successful job performance. The candidate should also possess the following skills:
- Able to lead a team of professional compliance officers to deliver business focused compliance solutions
- Able to build strong and professional rapport with key business stakeholders, earn the respect of the business
- Personal resilience, ability to remain positive and constructive when faced with difficulties
- Prepared to work hard including after-hours
- Comprehensive understanding of regional AML legislation
- Practical understanding of implementing policies, practices and processes
- General knowledge of regional regulatory environment
- Good understanding of banking products, including institutional, retail and private bank.